Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR

The Arlo Community

Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Top Contributors
Caught on Arlo Video Contest
Share Video

Share Your Video!
Caught something cool on Arlo? Share it with the Arlo Community.

Post a video
Highlighted
Aspirant

2 cameras died - can I upgrade to pro with old Arlo VMB3000 base?

I have an older Arlo -  VMB3000 with 3 cameras. 2 recently died. Can I upgrade by adding Pro cameras, or do I have to start all over to get rechargeable batteries and audio? Afraid the answer is "just suck it up and buy new" but posting is worth a try 😉. 

Thanks for your help!

Martha

Model: VMB3000 | Arlo Base Station
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Guru

Re: 2 cameras died - can I upgrade to pro with old Arlo VMB3000 base?

yes you can... the Arlo , Arlo pro, Arlo pro2 with work with either base. ( audio is in the cameras not base )

But, you may want to upgrade the base too as you get the USB backup port on the newer ( and siren ) and most packages seem cheaper (2 separate cameras vs 2 with base ) amazon sell the Pro cam for 150 each but the base and 2 cams for 251  ( save 49 )

Also as a side, if able you can use the older base for better coverage  one at each end of home, or front / rear and run 2 schedules

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Guru

yes you can... the Arlo , Arlo pro, Arlo pro2 with work with either base. ( audio is in the cameras not base )

But, you may want to upgrade the base too as you get the USB backup port on the newer ( and siren ) and most packages seem cheaper (2 separate cameras vs 2 with base ) amazon sell the Pro cam for 150 each but the base and 2 cams for 251  ( save 49 )

Also as a side, if able you can use the older base for better coverage  one at each end of home, or front / rear and run 2 schedules

Morse is faster than texting!
Message 2 of 3
Aspirant

Thanks so much!

Message 3 of 3