Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2 Base Stations 2 Armed Statuses

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sanidee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Currently i have one base station with 4 cameras they are all for my outdoors.. Woul di be able to get a second base station on the same home/same network with same log in and use it for the indoor cameras, that way i can have my outdoor cameras on 24/7 but arm and disarm my indoor cameras as needed???

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes... the limiting amount is cameras on your service level...there is no limit on bases.

I actually like it this way as each base has it own schedule , arming , etc... esp if splitting up inside, outside or front, back ...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
sanidee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, thats exactly what i needed to know so that i can make sure that i can adjust inside seperate from outside!

Thanks!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Depending on what you need, you can also do this with the schedule. You just need to create a new mode that has only the outdoor cameras in it (any camera without a rule is disarmed). Then use the mode with all cameras at the appropriate times and then 5he new mode for the other times. Of course, this implies that you can schedule your needs appropriately.
sanidee
Aspirant
Aspirant

How would i even do that?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
There's FAQs here that step you through making a new mode, adding rules as well as using the schedule. Its fairly simple and starts with using the Mode tab. Click on your base and check out the Armed mode. Create your own custom mode and add a camera rule. Save and reedit it to add more cameras. Just poke around - you can't break it.