Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

smart hub but can’t get the Micro SD to work

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Sweep01
Initiate
Initiate

I have a smart hub but can’t get the Micro SD to work. In Devices in the App none of the changeable swipe buttons work nor will it format the micro sd. I am on the 1 month free subscription does this limit the device use 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sweep01
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks. It was a formatting issue. Had to download a formatting tool off the web to a Windows 11 PC so it could be formatted to a format type the hub could read and write too.  After trawling the internet for assistance I eventually found a fix. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The trial subscription has no bearing on the ability to set up and use local recordings.

Is it possible that the card isn't fully inserted (should click into place and be flush with the case)? Is the card at least 16GB? Until the card is enabled/formatted, nothing is going to work. Maybe try a different card as well as reboot the hub would help.

Sweep01
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks. It was a formatting issue. Had to download a formatting tool off the web to a Windows 11 PC so it could be formatted to a format type the hub could read and write too.  After trawling the internet for assistance I eventually found a fix.