VMB4000 Base station compatibility with Pro 5S 2k cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dboskee
Aspirant
Aspirant

My VMC4030 cameras are reaching EOL. I am considering buying the Pro 5S 2K cameras. Are they compatible with my VMB4000 base station?  Or will I have to subscribe to Arlo Secure?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes and yes.

First, your cameras aren't going to stop working. They won't get any more firmware updates but it's been a long time since they did get updated. Eventually, new hardware/firmware/apps will cause the EOL devices to no longer work but that's not in the foreseeable future. You still get the free 7 day plan, too.

The Pro 5 can connect to your existing base or your WiFi so you'd have a choice if you wanted it. However, any camera newer than the Pro 2 requires a subscription for cloud recordings. If you buy any new camera, you'll need a sub.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes and yes.

First, your cameras aren't going to stop working. They won't get any more firmware updates but it's been a long time since they did get updated. Eventually, new hardware/firmware/apps will cause the EOL devices to no longer work but that's not in the foreseeable future. You still get the free 7 day plan, too.

The Pro 5 can connect to your existing base or your WiFi so you'd have a choice if you wanted it. However, any camera newer than the Pro 2 requires a subscription for cloud recordings. If you buy any new camera, you'll need a sub.

dboskee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for that information