Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
PrebenRJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has for several years had 2 bases with 2 cameras each (pro3). The two bases are located at separate locations. So far, it has worked well to turn the two locations on and off separately.

One of my cameras doesn't work anymore, so I've replaced it with a new pro5. In order to link this camera, I was forced to upgrade my app to Arlo Secure. I have this subscription: Arlo Secure Multi Camera – Denmark.

Is it true that I can no longer set up the two locations separately, and give control access separately? I want to be able to see them as two independent installations, where I can give some family members access to one house, but not the other. How do I do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PrebenRJ wrote:

Has for several years had 2 bases with 2 cameras each (pro3). The two bases are located at separate locations. So far, it has worked well to turn the two locations on and off separately.

One of my cameras doesn't work anymore, so I've replaced it with a new pro5. In order to link this camera, I was forced to upgrade my app to Arlo Secure.

If you choose to set up two locations in the app (one for each home) then you will need two subscriptions.

If you set up one location, then you only need  one subscription.  You can still choose what cameras you want to share with each family member.  But the three modes (armed home, armed away, standby) affect all the cameras at both locations.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PrebenRJ wrote:

One of my cameras doesn't work anymore, so I've replaced it with a new pro5. In order to link this camera, I was forced to upgrade my app to Arlo Secure.

If you choose to set up two locations in the app (one for each home) then you will need two subscriptions.

If you set up one location, then you only need  one subscription.  You can still choose what cameras you want to share with each family member.  But the three modes (armed home, armed away, standby) affect all the cameras at both locations.

PrebenRJ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you very much for your reply it was probably as I feared and seems like a step backwards. Do you know what happens if I assign a family member access to the two cameras at one location and they press Home / Standby does it affect the other location's cameras that are under the same subscription plan?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PrebenRJ wrote:
 Do you know what happens if I assign a family member access to the two cameras at one location and they press Home / Standby does it affect the other location's cameras that are under the same subscription plan?

Modes are per location - so if you set up two locations, they operate independently.  

@PrebenRJ wrote:
 seems like a step backwards. 

I have two base stations and some directly connected cameras (all in one location).  Manually controlling modes (and creating schedules) was a mess with my setup using Library.  Controlling all the cameras at once is a lot simpler.

But IMO they clearly do need custom modes, and I also think it'd be better if they had a less expensive way to add a second location.  Plus they need a simple way to integrate geofencing with scheduling.