Do I have to sign up for a plan in order to use my cameras

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Chris02639 wrote:

No, but you will lose cloud storage and other features when the trial subscription ends.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Chris02639 wrote:

No, but you will lose cloud storage and other features when the trial subscription ends.

Chris02639
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok thanks for the info, will it stay on my phone for a few hours, I usually just delete right away  when  I see vehicle or animal detected, 

Anyways I don’t have cloud would I need that to use my cameras

Thanks
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Chris02639  wrote:

Anyways I don't have cloud would I need that to use my cameras

Normally the recordings you see in the app are stored in the cloud. So if you drop the subscription you'd lose all your recordings.  (No recordings at all).

If the cameras are connected to a VMB4540 or VMB5000 smarthub, then you can use the "direct access to local storage" feature to get to recordings stored on a microSD card (VMB5000) or USB thumb drive (VMB4540). The user experience isn't very good (delibererately crippled by Arlo), but many do use it instead of a subscription.

Chris02639
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok thanks,  I didn’t no I needed all this I thought I could the cameras up and just use it, I am not paying $45 or use the camera so if they don’t work after the free subscription I will just take the cameras down and try to sell them cheep to get some of my money back

Chris02639
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, 

I lost your last message but I didn’t see anything that you said camera icon or audio 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Chris02639 wrote:

I lost your last message but I didn’t see anything that you said camera icon or audio 

Do you have a followup question???