Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Pro5 not appearing as available camera in the app for setup? Based in Italy.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
YuNick
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all, 

I am in italy and bought 2 Pro5s from Amazon here. I also bought a couple Pro4's.

The Pro4's are set up fine on my network. However when trying to set up the Pro5's they don't even appear as an option in the app under pro cameras. 

Neither in phone or laptop set up work. As I say, the Pro5 is not even an option to select, so I just tried using the Pro4. 

I am using the 2.4Ghz network, which works fine for my Pro4s.

Any suggestions how to resolve please?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

YuNick,

Creating a new account while you're in Italy should do the trick. Deleting the app shouldn't be necessary.

Just be sure you're not using a VPN when creating the new account.

JamesC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure your app is the latest - reinstall if necessary to be sure. Otherwise it would appear that at least Italy (or the whole of the EU) doesn't support the Pro 5 yet. @JamesC or @ShayneS ?

YuNick
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply. 

I was afraid of something like that, but then would be surprised if that's the case as Arlo are selling on Amazon Italy. But then the pro 4s bought here too installed perfectly. A conundrum 😞

I have uninstalled then redownloaded the app, still the Pro5 doesn't appear. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

YuNick,

Was your Arlo account created in another country or were you using a VPN when you created it? I've taken a look at the account associated with the email address you're using for the Arlo community and the country code is not bound to Italy. This is why you're not seeing the Pro 5 as an onboarding option.

The account needs to be created in Italy for the appropriate options to be shown.

JamesC

YuNick
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James 

Thank you for the reply. 

So, you suggest using a new email address to create an account whilst I'm here in Italy and that should do it?

Of course I'll delete the app first as well.

Thanks 

YuNick
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James, yes the account was set up overseas before I arrived in Italy and got the cameras 😞

So, I'll use a new email and open a new account and download a new app, I hope that works.

Thanks 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

YuNick,

Creating a new account while you're in Italy should do the trick. Deleting the app shouldn't be necessary.

Just be sure you're not using a VPN when creating the new account.

JamesC

YuNick
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you James, success!