Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
roundball
Apprentice
Apprentice

1 of 4 new Pro 5s cameras repeatedly cycles through the battery draining all the way down every 2-3 days.

It doesn't start recharging unless I turn the charger power to it on & off several times then it starts recharging up to normal again.

Couple days later I get the familiar "Low Power Mode" message again.

Then I repeat the power on / off thing...then it starts recharging again.

I've wiped the camera contacts with a damp alcohol wipe and ( allowed all to completely dry )...no help.

I've replaced its new Arlo battery with another new Arlo battery...that I completely pre-charged before installing it...no help.

I've installed another new Arlo A/C adapter charger, no help.

Is this a known problem with a known fix?

Should Arlo replace this as a 'New Defective Product' ?

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap cameras around to see if it's the camera or location causing the issue. If it's the camera, try swapping batteries to see what happens. If you can determine something is faulty, use the app to go to Settings, Support and choose your camera. Scroll down to Contacts to see what official support offers.

roundball
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks...this is what I've sent to support:

05.20.24 New Defective Pro5s – Repeatedly get “Low Power Mode” issues.

1 of 4 new Pro5s cameras Arlo sent me repeatedly cycles through battery draining all the way down every 2-3 days.
I turn the power to it on & off several times and it starts back charging again.

Then a couple days later I get the familiar "Low Power Mode" message again.
Then I repeat the power on / off thing...and it starts recharging again.

1. I've replaced its new Arlo battery with another new Arlo battery...that I completely pre-charged before installing it...no help.
  2. I've installed another new Arlo A/C adapter charger, no help.
  3. I've wiped the camera battery and cable contacts with a damp alcohol wipe and ( allowed all to completely dry )...no help.

I have had Arlo Pro2, Pro3, and Pro4 cameras in this same exact location over several years with no such power / charging problems.

This new Pro5s is defective…..I can’t use it to protect my house.

COLOR:   BLACK

MODEL:   VMC4060AerH5

Please expedite a replacement ASAP…Thanks.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The community can not start replacement orders. You will need to reach out to support and let them know the behavior you are seeing. Use the app to go to Settings, Support and choose your camera. Scroll down to Contacts to see what official support offers.

roundball
Apprentice
Apprentice

I understand that...I was answering a member's post and the first line of my reply was:

"...Thanks...this is what I've sent to support:..."

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Awe, I see that now. I did however, erase your serial number from the post for security reasons. If you need any further help, please let us know. 

roundball
Apprentice
Apprentice

No sweat, happens to all of us.

To your comment about anything you can do to help...today marks the 5th day since I sent the detailed case update to support...and the case system acknowledged it received it...but I have had ZERO communications back from them.

If you have any way to at least wake somebody up in support to act on my case update request, I'd sure appreciate it.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The development team is looking into this. As soon as there is an update I will reach out. 

roundball
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've seen other comments about this same 5s charging issue so it's apparently not just my issue, but a known problem with the 5s cameras...

roundball
Apprentice
Apprentice

@BrookeN

Wanted to let you know that I finally got a case update reply about all these Pro5s problems that many of us have been having.  Here is the quote copy from level 2 support and I'm stunned by it.
..................................................................................................................................................

Your Case Details

Case Number: xxxxxxxxx

Product: VMC4050B

Case Update

Hi, xxxxxx,

Good day.

I have checked with our engineering, and there are no known issues so far with Pro5s.

Thank you for choosing Arlo.

Sincerely,

xxxxx

L2 Arlo-Care

Support Site - https://support.arlo.com

Community Site - https://community.arlo.com

If we do not receive a response from you within 7 days, your case will be automatically closed. Please contact Arlo Support if you have any questions.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS AUTOMATED EMAIL.Thanks,

Arlo Support

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@roundball the roll out of the firmware is a slow process. However, it is rolling out and will fix the behavior you are seeing. I am not sure why customer support side stated that within their email it would need to be looked into. With you on both threads in regards to the Pro 5 I am getting confused if I had already answered you or not. Can you keep on this thread for your updates please. That way I know which one I responded on for your questions. I did reach out to see where we are with the roll out as of today, as soon as I get a response I will update you with that information as well. 

roundball
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you for your reply...honesty, and a willingness to help end users is very refreshing.
I was shocked with the level 2 reply to my case that "there are no problems with 5s cameras".

I have different problems with my new 5s cameras and do have posts in a couple different threads...and per your request, I'll make a point of also posting any 5s updates I make in the other 5s threads to this thread as well.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@roundball are you still seeing this behavior with the Pro 5s draining power?

roundball
Apprentice
Apprentice

@BrookeN

Haven’t had any more battery draining issues…I had installed a new ac charger and cable…that may have fixed it.

( It’s a 5s that I moved off of WIFI to a base station )

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the update. Please let me know if you are experiencing any other behavior and I would be more than happy to assist.