In and out of connection

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jcapache41
Apprentice
Apprentice

667AF221-3A54-4EA0-BAF5-0CF63F093205.jpegA1264135-AF35-438A-9255-1D2393E3DA2F.jpegThis is getting ridiculous now. I have 2 cameras with CVR plan.. my Ultra 2 works just fine I have it mounted outside in front of my house. The Pro 5 is on the side of my house however it keeps going offlin. Then comes back online then back offline. there’s days it stays online and days on and offline constantly.. my router is right above both cameras what is the issue I even tried a spare camera on the side of my house and it’s the same issues on and offline 

10 REPLIES 10
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jcapache41 wrote:

I have 2 cameras with CVR plan.. my Ultra 2 works just fine I have it mounted outside in front of my house. The Pro 5 is on the side of my house however it keeps going offlin. Then comes back online then back offline. there’s days it stays online and days on and offline constantly.. my router is right above both cameras what is the issue I even tried a spare camera on the side of my house and it’s the same issues on and offline 

If you swap the Pro 5 and the Ultra, does the problem move?

Jcapache41
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes same problem 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jcapache41 wrote:

Yes same problem 

Even though it is close to the router, there might be something on the path (perhaps in the wall) that is blocking the signal.

I suggest measuring your home wifi upload speed at that location with your phone.  Speedtest (the free Ookla app) is a good way to do that.

Jcapache41
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you I am going to try that and will let you know 

Jcapache41
Apprentice
Apprentice

It was online from 11:30 last night until 1:00 this afternoon now it’s back offline. how does that happen where it’s just going off line like this 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jcapache41,

I'm working with the development team to better understand the issue you are experiencing. Please let me know if/when the camera comes back online.

JamesC

Jcapache41
Apprentice
Apprentice

Keeps going on and off line 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jcapache41,

If you temporarily move the Pro 5 camera inside, close to your base station as a test. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

Jcapache41
Apprentice
Apprentice

Nope works fine.. but I need that camera in that spot where I am having the issue 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jcapache41,

This would suggest that something at the location is causing the issue. Physical obstructions can reduce signal strength and cause the symptoms you're experiencing. If the issue only occurs at that particular location, this likely means there are too many physical obstructions between the camera and the base station. You can read more and find tips on what to do about this here: https://kb.arlo.com/37/How-do-I-position-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera

JamesC