Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

How do I connect my Arlo Pro 5S 2K camera to my Arlo Smart Hub?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rainy88
Aspirant
Aspirant

I connected the camera to a Wavlink Wi-Fi extender which is required since the camera is 300 feet away from the Starlink router. The camera is working great. I later added a Smart Hub which is directly plugged into my Starlink router. How do I connect the camera to the Smart Hub? The Smart Hub is turned on and the light on the front is blue which means it is successfully connected to the Starlink Wi-Fi. Since the Smart Hub is directly connected to the Starlink router and the camera is connected to a Wavlink extender (which is connected to Starlink and not directly connected to the Starlink router) will this cause a problem connecting the camera to the Smart Hub? I’ve been unable to figure it out.

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rainy88 wrote:

Since the Smart Hub is directly connected to the Starlink router and the camera is connected to a Wavlink extender (which is connected to Starlink and not directly connected to the Starlink router) will this cause a problem connecting the camera to the Smart Hub? I’ve been unable to figure it out.

If you switch to using the smarthub, then the camera will need to connect to the smarthub wifi.  So it will need to be close enough to the smarthub  for that wifi to reach.  Connecting the smarthub to the extender LAN port is probably what you will need to do.

There is a "change network" function in the device settings, but I don't think that will work for this.  If I recall this correctly, you'll need to remove the camera from your account, and then add it back using "Add device" - choosing the base instead.

Rainy88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks so much! This has been very helpful. I suspected I would have to go this route. I think I’ll just return the Smart Hub. I don’t see an advantage to it. The camera is working great with the Wavlink extender. The only advantage to the Smart Hub seems to be the ability to save video.