Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help with routines

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Siutin
Guide
Guide

Maybe I am stupid but I am very frustrated to setting up the routine. 

I want to change to Arm Away at 9pm and then change to Arm Home at 7am. 

So I setup 2 Automations: 

1. Always enabled, Schedule when set to 9pm Everyday then change mode to Arm Away

2. Always enabled, Schedule when set to 7am Everyday then change mode to Arm Home

The result is none of the above rules work. it is never change mode automatically until I override it manually in Dashboard. 

Any clever person can tell me what I did wrong? Or just that this product is not working? 

4 REPLIES 4
Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra/New-Arlo-GUI/m-p/1933612#M22291

See the above link for automations, including mode changes, but you also need to add devices for each mode and  specify what they do. So, it's a two way approach: 1) what devices are active and what they do; and 2) when devices are active.

Ignore the names like Arm Away/Arm Home and Standby, as essentially these are just names - to confuse everyone - and each is customisable. It'd be helpful if Arlo gave the user the option to rename these, and as requested on here before, an option to add another mode. 

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It's a very difficult system to set up if you want customisation. The consensus on here is that the previous iteration of it was better: it was cleaner, more flexible, and more user friendly. 

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

For Arm Away, I only get notifications for three cameras (so, nothing for doorbell and Arlo HD), and recording is taking place for all three

Untitled.jpg

For Arm Home I don't get any notifications, but the Front Door camera is active (i.e. recording a video). I can also make the doorbell active (for example, for notifications and recording when there's a movement detected), but at the mo, it's not (NB: the doorbell still receives calls, though). 

Untitled1.jpg

For Standby, no device is active. 

Untitled2.jpg

Siutin
Guide
Guide

thanks. I managed to get the rules running fine AUTOMATICALLY after removed all of them and create again. sounds like some bugs?? I will continue monitoring and hope it is  not stopping running like my solar panel.