HI SOLAR PANEL ?'S

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bulletwounds
Aspirant
Aspirant

HI, I'M A LONG TIME ARLO USER. JUST UPGRADED MY SYSTEM TO GET SOME PRO 5S 2K CAMS AND GOT SOME SOLAR PANELS. MOUNTED THEM, DOES IT NOW SHOW AS CHARGING RIGHT AWAY BECAUSE IT NEEDS TIME TO SOAK IN RAYS OR HOW DOES THAT WORK? THANKS!

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Were the camera batteries fully charged when the panels were attached? That can cause the icon to not indicate connection, in my experience. Here's an FAQ about the icon meanings:

https://kb.arlo.com/1179176/What-do-the-Arlo-camera-battery-level-icons-and-notifications-mean

bulletwounds
Aspirant
Aspirant

HI there and thanks for reply!!! Can't get anyone live on the phone it seems, even after spending $$$. Anyway, batteries WERE NOT fully charged, but about 60-80%. The solar panels came right out of box and mounted. I plugged them in. Didn't display anything yet. Next day I noticed the grayed out sun then later in day i saw it was charging. I live in colder climate and the link you sent says that if too cold or too hot will not charge and not show as charging with sun grayed out (which I'm experiencing now.) It is currently 30 degrees, was cooler last night, so I guess my question is does that mean that it is "TOO COLD" to charge or do i have another issue? Thanks again! Thinking of getting flood lights too and the solars for them! TY again! 😃

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The cameras won't charge below 32F