Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
the_dancer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi!

The Camera Positioning seems to be gone from the new version of the Arlo Secure app, except when you install a new camera.

Has anyone found it somewhere else??
Device utilities also seems to be gone.

Can anyone enlighten me opr is this a bug/strange change?

//Arne from Sweden

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Which user interface (UI) are you using? The old one uses Library to view recordings while the new one uses Feed.

Use live view to position the camera - Camera Positioning does seem to be missing, at least on the new UI.

the_dancer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I use the new interface UI, which was forcefully updated when installing three PRO 5 cameras. The old UI is no longer available for me.

//Arne.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator
the_dancer
Aspirant
Aspirant

This not what I want. I want to see the gray area to determine how to best position the camera. This is missing in the new app unless when you first install a camera.

I have had a case with the Arlo support which noticed the same and has reported it to the support teat that will eventually fix it.

From my experience It is quite hopeless to do this positioning without this help from the app.

So this  will not be solved unless they update the app with the same functionality as the old app.
Hope everyone at Arlo and users around understand this.

From my point of view, the new app sucks since it did not bring this with it from the old app. The same goes for the order of the cameras when you want to see them all in one page.

Unless you use Widgets, the order will the order you installed the cameras, not any order the users wants to have.

It is a pity that Arlo don't have a Beta program so that real users can test their apps in advance and come with comments to rectify and improve when things are so radically changed as the new app has done.

Meny good things, but also many not so good things and missing functionality sucks!

//Arne.

Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

Lots of things have been said about the new UI, yet very little taken onboard.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@the_dancer wrote:

This not what I want. I want to see the gray area to determine how to best position the camera. T

From my experience It is quite hopeless to do this positioning without this help from the app.

It's just the top third of the image, so you should be able to position it pretty well without seeing the gray.

the_dancer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't agree!

Okay?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@the_dancer wrote:

I don't agree!

That is your right of course.

Although I never bothered using it with my own cameras, it would be good for Arlo to put it back.