Arlo pro 5 - setup problem

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Larsen1961
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would like to set up my devices, the Arlo 5 Pro, to work with Geofence so that my three cameras are activated when both people have left the address. When one of us comes home, the cameras must be deactivated, however, every day when we are at home, they must be activated from 10.00 pm until 06.00 am. No matter what setup I try, I can't get the system to work. When I run a test of the setup, the system changes settings, but not automatically via Geofence.

• Can anyone tell me how to set up the system?
2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, does geofencing work at all? Are all phones set to allow the app to access location at all times? My wife previously didn't check her app very often so the app was logged out due to inactivity (every 2 weeks). She now opens the app at least once a week (I set a calendar reminder for her to be sure) so the app remains logged in.

There's a modification that can help, depending on the issue you're having. Assuming you're using a schedule in addition to geofencing, edit the schedules and add an action to Enable/Disable an Automation.  For the nighttime schedule, choose to Disable the Arrive geofencing automation. For the daytime schedule, enable Leave.

Does any of this help?

Larsen1961
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • Dear jguerdat. Thanks for your suggestion, but nothing seems to work. Both phones is set to allow the app to access location at all times, and I have also deleted the time schedules. I is now only the geofencing "leave an comming home" that are active, but it still dosn't change to "Out" when we are leaving or to "Home" when we are back 🤔😤
  • I will now take a break during Christmas time.
  • Mary Christmas 🎄🙂
  •