Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo Smarthub WiFi interference

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I purchased the Arlo camera and Smarthub to connect to the Apple Homekit.  Immediately upon turning the smarthub on, my wifi went unstable.  A bummer situation as I read through a ton of posts on this.  Not worth the effort to try to get the HUB to work.  Returning it.

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Retired_Member 

If you mind providing more info regarding this, I can gladly assist you. Do you know what your Internet speeds are up and down?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Has nothing to do with internet.  Your device basically took over my WiFi network.   Reading other posts, the advice given by Arlo is that it is best practice to use the same broadcasting channel as the WiFi device being used.  Arlo also recommends that the device be X feet away from a WiFi router.   Both of which are not good advice.   

I literally dumped the cameras and the “smart” hub back at the store and bought Eufy.    Thus far.  A way better experience.   No camera shells to deal with, no “smart” hub to deal with, and most importantly no network channel collision or having to make sure device is X feet away from my WiFi router.  

I have to say.  Arlo could be a killer product if it just made some fine tune adjustments.    People need alternatives to Ring, owned by the Amazon, and Nes, owned by Google.   Those two entities use the products they buy to collect data to make them better not the product.  I applaud Arlo but at the same time I can’t keep your product as it is not up to par.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@tmponarlo 

Thank you for the update. I will provide this feedback to the appropriate team