Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
chicane
Apprentice
Apprentice
I've had ongoing headaches with my Pro 5S cameras not detecting events or taking snapshots instead.

Today I did a side by side test with a Pro 4 camera in the same location. Both devices are on 2.4GHz and connected to an outdoor Ubiquiti AP (great signal strength for both). I did try the device on 5GHz and found it to be similarly flaky so reverted to a hopefully more stable 2.4GHz connection. Unfortunately not.

Since I have done this side by side test, the Pro 4 is detecting every event (and recording a video). 

The pro 5 recorded video once, completely missed one event and recorded a snapshot instead for the third event. With the video was choppy and audio partially missing at the start, while the Pro4 was smooth and had audio for the full clip.

Both devices are active under my subscription, set identical under the routine (to record video), and smart notifications set the same.

I've had this replaced with a new sealed unit by support for the second time with the same outcome.

Are these devices inherently faulty? anyone else experiencing similar?
Best answers
  • BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The firmware has started rolling out. It should be completed within the next week. As soon as that is fully rolled out the behavior you are seeing will be resolved. 

• BrookeN
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

I have this escalated to the engineering team. I will update the community as soon as possible. 

563 REPLIES 563
roundball
Apprentice
Apprentice

@BrookeN 

Excellent as usual, thanks

👌👌👌

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@roundball the current Production firmware is 1.040.28.17_195_ac8359b and the current Field Trial firmware is 1.050.33.6_71_393f539 

roundball
Apprentice
Apprentice

@BrookeN  ...Thanks for the clarification BrookeN.

So, since there is now a NEW Field Trial Firmware, I assume that means it's better than the previous Field Trial Firmware.

And since the current 'Production Firmware' came from the previous Field Trial Firmware, I assume that means the NEW Field Trial Firmware is also better than the current 'Production Firmware' on two of my 5s cams.

And with my interest in having all 4 of my WIFI 5s cams on the "SAME BEST" Firmware...I assume it makes sense to have them download that latest Field Trial Firmware to my other two 5s cams ??

deBare99
Aspirant
Aspirant

YES! YES! YES! I’m so disappointed in my Pro 3 and Pro 5S 2K cameras - lots of missed action. It’s ridiculous after how much money I’ve spent 😡🤑

roundball
Apprentice
Apprentice

@deBare99  .....A lot of us feel your frustration as well.

Have you at least gotten the July 5s "Field Trial Firmware" installed?
Or then the replacement 'Production Version Firmware'  installed?

Not a 100% fix of all aggravating 5s problems, but a noticeable improvement in general.

In early July our Community Moderator @BrookeN helped us get 'Field Trial Firmware' installed:

# 1.040.28.13_152_2450fc8.

Then end of July she helped us get the 'Replacement Production Firmware' installed:
# 1.050.33.3_41_9322fd5.

If you need those, send her a direct message request asking for her help.
She'll be back Monday and should see your message then...

BW32205
Aspirant
Aspirant

@BrookeN  - would you help me with obtaining (and installing?) the latest trial firmware for the Pro 5s camera(s)?

I have three (3) Model Pro 5 Cameras, H5 hardware / serial  ADW33C7xxxxx

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@BW32205 I can look into this. However, I am going to need the email address that is associated with the Arlo account. You send a dm by clicking on the envelope icon on the top right of the forum page.

Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy

Why hasn’t Arlo 5 suddenly running field firmware version  1.050.33.6_71_393f539 it was fine on the latest production firmware version 1.040.28.17_195_ac8359b I never asked for field trial firmware. 

Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy

Sorry for the typos in my above post, it was made last night and I am on Morphine for pain and I have a severe disability.

Why has Arlo 5 Pro been put on field trial firmware version 1.050.33.6_71_393f539 it was fine on the latest production firmware version 1.040.28.17_195_ac8359b I never asked for field trial firmware, and in the UK its causing no images to be picked up.

Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy
Arlo UK have put my camera back on production firmware so all is well.
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Killhippie let me reach out to the development team, I will reach out to you as I receive an update. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Killhippie this will be moved back by tomorrow morning. The updates happen within the night. 

roundball
Apprentice
Apprentice

@BrookeN  09.19.24 UPDATE:

The latest 5s Firmware  (Field Trial Firmware # 1.050.33.6_71_393f539)  was downloaded / installed on my other two 5s cams last night so now all four of my 5s cams have the same / latest Firmware installed…thank you.

…………………………………………………………………………………………….

OUR PREVIOUS REFERENCE:

Thanks for the clarification that there is a NEW 5s Field Trial Firmware,

# 1.050.33.6_71_393f539.

I assume that means it's better than the OLDER previous Field Trial Firmware.

And since the current Production Firmware came from the OLDER previous Field Trial Firmware, that means the NEW Field Trial Firmware is also better than the current Production Firmware.

Since I have 2 with the OLD previous production firmware…and 2 with the NEW Field Trial Firmware on my four 5s Cams, I’d like to have NEW Field Trial Firmware installed on the other two of my 5s cams as well.

All four 5s cams will have the same / latest / best Firmware installed.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@roundball all your cameras should be on the same firmware at this point.