Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 5 Camera not connecting to Eero 6 router

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Wilbur92
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been unable to connect a new Pro 5 camera with my Eero 6 router. I've taken the following steps without success:

• Confirmed that I entered the correct wifi network name and password in the Arlo Secure App during the setup process.
  • Temporarily turned off the 5 GHz band on my Eero device and reconnected my iPhone to the network to ensure I'm on the 2.4 GHz band.
  • Ensured that my iPhone is not connected to a VPN.
  • Ensured that “auto join” settings and Wi-Fi Assist are turned off on my phone.
  • Reset my camera to factory settings, confirmed that the camera blue light is blinking, and received the camera chime before attempting to connect.
  • Kept both my phone and the camera about 10-15 feet from my router when attempting to connect.

I'm out of options at this point and welcome any ideas or guidance on how to resolve this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wilbur92
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks very much, this was really helpful. I tried all your suggestions above without success, saving for last removing the punctuation (an apostrophe) in the network name. Removing the apostrophe immediately solved the problem but it unfortunately required me to reset all other wi-fi devices in the home to connect to the "new" network. Painful but successful. Given that all other devices in my house recognize punctuation in the network name, it's frustrating that Arlo has that limitation and created a great deal of extra effort for set up. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Wilbur92 wrote:

I'm out of options at this point and welcome any ideas or guidance on how to resolve this.

Try a PC (my.arlo.com) and see onboarding from there works.

I don't own an Eero.  Folks who have say that the Eero beacon is a problem, so turn that off if you have one.  Others said they needed to disable the Eero "Advanced Security" feature.

Also, make sure the network security is WPA2 (AES).  Punctuation in the network name and password can be an issue - unfortunately Arlo has never said what characters get in they way.  But if you do use punctuation, then try removing it.

Wilbur92
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks very much, this was really helpful. I tried all your suggestions above without success, saving for last removing the punctuation (an apostrophe) in the network name. Removing the apostrophe immediately solved the problem but it unfortunately required me to reset all other wi-fi devices in the home to connect to the "new" network. Painful but successful. Given that all other devices in my house recognize punctuation in the network name, it's frustrating that Arlo has that limitation and created a great deal of extra effort for set up. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Wilbur92 wrote:

Given that all other devices in my house recognize punctuation in the network name, it's frustrating that Arlo has that limitation and created a great deal of extra effort for set up. 

FWIW, I agree.  They'd had this particular problem for a long time now, and really should have fixed it by now.  Or at least documented the characters that don't work in a knowledge base article.  

Generally, there's a lot more friction in onboarding than there should be.