Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Receiver
Aspirant
Aspirant

As above. With the new software, when I go to devices I can no longer turn the device on or off. Also, when in the camera screen I cannot exit the screen as I could before. The … at the top of the screen only allows me to close the screen and takes me right out of the program.  I’ve read the manual and the tools which should be available on the camera screen are not there. I.e. the settings icon. Definitely a software problem. I have updated my iPad Pro software to 17.2, have restarted the iPad. Next step is to remove the Arlo app and reinstall. Any other suggestions?

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Receiver,

With Arlo Pro 5S 2K cameras installed, you will be using the latest Arlo Secure app user interface, which may look different than what you're used to seeing within the Arlo app. When navigating to Dashboard and tapping "Standby", this will prevent the cameras from triggering on motion detection rules associated with the Armed system states.

It sounds like you may be live streaming in landscape mode. To end a stream, put the device in portrait mode and then stop the stream with the stop icon on the camera widget. This should allow you to close the stream without closing the app.

JamesC

Receiver
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. I’ve looked at all of the settings but do not see one that refers to landscape vs portrait. I’ve also put a camera on live feed and still do not see a setting for this. How do I do this?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Receiver wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I’ve looked at all of the settings but do not see one that refers to landscape vs portrait. 

There is no setting.  @JamesC is saying that you should try rotating the phone (or tablet).

Receiver
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. I use an iPad and use it on landscape. Rotated it and voila. The old software allowed landscape. Not everyone uses Arlo on a phone. I suggest that Arlo give some thought to enabling the software to work also in landscape.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Receiver wrote:

Thanks. I use an iPad and use it on landscape. Rotated it and voila. The old software allowed landscape. Not everyone uses Arlo on a phone. I suggest that Arlo give some thought to enabling the software to work also in landscape.

FWIW, this bug has been around for quite a while now, and I agree Arlo should fix it.

Receiver
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks again Stephen.