25 ft. Outdoor Magnetic Charging Cable - question

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Joseph17
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm going to add this cable to power my front Pro 5S camera.

My question is - If the power in the neighborhood goes out (storms, etc) does the battery that is still in the camera continue to power the device?

I presume the battery would stay fully charged when using the cable, if I'm understanding the way it works.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Joseph17 wrote:

If the power in the neighborhood goes out (storms, etc) does the battery that is still in the camera continue to power the device?

Yes.  But if your goal is to keep the system operational, you will need to make sure your smarthub (if you have one), and your internet infrastructure are protected by a UPS.

@Joseph17 wrote:

I presume the battery would stay fully charged when using the cable, if I'm understanding the way it works.

Correct.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Joseph17 wrote:

If the power in the neighborhood goes out (storms, etc) does the battery that is still in the camera continue to power the device?

Yes.  But if your goal is to keep the system operational, you will need to make sure your smarthub (if you have one), and your internet infrastructure are protected by a UPS.

@Joseph17 wrote:

Correct.

Joseph17
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks Stephen for your prompt reply. And yes I have a APC backup powering the router which keeps things going for a few hours, which is usually long enough typically. Beyond that I break out the gas generator as needed. Thanks again for the power cable info.