2 of 10 Arlo Pro 5 cameras not auto detecting motion

Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
GeorgeMerian
Aspirant
Aspirant

Long story short trying to replace 10 Arlo Pro2 Cameras with 10 Arol Pro 5S 2K cameras.   After setting up 10 new Pro 5 cameras with my base station and firmware updated on each cameras,  two of the cameras will not auto-detect motion and record and send me a push notification.

I can turn on each camera live and watch video.  The motion detection test works as the light flickers amber during the test.  I moved motion detection sensitivity to 100% and no luck.

Everything seems to be working except for auto-motion detection.  Any ideas to check?  Another long story but I  am out of phone support warranty on the Pro 5 cameras.

Thanks,

George

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

GeorgeMerian,

I took a look at the subscription plan that you have associated with your account and it appears you have a legacy Arlo Smart Premier plan. This plan supports up to 10 cameras. You have 12 cameras on the account ( 10 Pro 5 and 2 Pro VMC4030), two of the Pro 5 cameras are not associated with the Arlo Smart Premier plan which is likely why you're experiencing an issue.

I recommend changing your plan to an unlimited Arlo Secure plan to support all of the cameras on your account. For more information on how to change a plan, see here: https://kb.arlo.com/de/1215141/How-do-I-change-or-cancel-my-Arlo-subscription-plan

JamesC

28 REPLIES 28
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@GeorgeMerian wrote:

I thought this was support.   

This is a user-to-user forum, and I don't work for Arlo.

@GeorgeMerian wrote:

Do you know off the top of your head how long is the warranty on these cameras? 

This does vary by country, but would be 1 year in the US.  At least that in other countries.

Contact paid support by going into the app (not the browser) and selecting the support area.  Then select a camera in a subscription plan.  Scroll down, and you'll see a phone support option.  They are open from 6 am to 6 pm US pacific time.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

GeorgeMerian,

I took a look at the subscription plan that you have associated with your account and it appears you have a legacy Arlo Smart Premier plan. This plan supports up to 10 cameras. You have 12 cameras on the account ( 10 Pro 5 and 2 Pro VMC4030), two of the Pro 5 cameras are not associated with the Arlo Smart Premier plan which is likely why you're experiencing an issue.

I recommend changing your plan to an unlimited Arlo Secure plan to support all of the cameras on your account. For more information on how to change a plan, see here: https://kb.arlo.com/de/1215141/How-do-I-change-or-cancel-my-Arlo-subscription-plan

JamesC

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JamesC wrote:

I recommend changing your plan to an unlimited Arlo Secure plan to support all of the cameras on your account.

You could also try removing the Pro cameras from the subscription plan.  You'd still get the 7-days of free cloud storage, and you could then move the Pro 5 cameras into the subscription plan.  

Still, Arlo Secure is the best path (as Arlo will at some point change your legacy plan over to Secure anyway).

GeorgeMerian
Aspirant
Aspirant

The issue was a screw up on Arlo.  I did try to renew my subscription to Arlo secure and have records I chose that but behind the scenes it actually renewed my old Arlo smart plan.  As a software developer for over 40 years I can attribute this event to **bleep**ty logic in the software Arlo is using to renew subscriptions.