Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

no link in email for guest registration

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
shoffman9999
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've seed many threads, nothing that seems to unilaterally fix.  I have new install with Pro 4 cameras and wired doorbell.  Try to add guest.  She gets the email but there is no link in the email, only a create account link.  Account has been added.  Retry many times, different ways.  Created guest via both phone and PC app and no link.  Tried different email addresses, no link.  The received email shows no link on her phone nor her pc email app.  I've reset all devices.  I have not deleted all devices and done a complete fresh install but this seems very crazy.  Anybody have any guesses?  Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@shoffman9999 wrote:

She gets the email but there is no link in the email, only a create account link.  

Create Account is the link.  That includes a token that is bound to the invitation (so the cloud knows what cameras to share).  

Have you tried clicking on "create account" on a PC?  That should open my.arlo.com in a browser.  You should be able to simply log in on that screen.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@shoffman9999 wrote:

She gets the email but there is no link in the email, only a create account link.  

Create Account is the link.  That includes a token that is bound to the invitation (so the cloud knows what cameras to share).  

Have you tried clicking on "create account" on a PC?  That should open my.arlo.com in a browser.  You should be able to simply log in on that screen.

shoffman9999
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the response.   "Create Account" did not work on the PC when we first tried it.  Tried again this morning, sent invite from PC and accepted on PC and it worked.  Thanks for the help.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@shoffman9999 wrote:

"Create Account" did not work on the PC when we first tried it.  Tried again this morning, sent invite from PC and accepted on PC and it worked.  

Great!

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation