Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Marose52
Tutor
Tutor

the vmb4000 was working perfectly with the base ,recording video, ll of a sudden it stopped recording, i see the picture and it reacts to movement but doesn't ssend the data to the base... i rebooted the base and camera didn't help ,any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Marose52 wrote:

the vmb4000 was working perfectly with the base ,recording video, ll of a sudden it stopped recording, i see the picture and it reacts to movement but doesn't ssend the data to the base... i rebooted the base and camera didn't help ,any suggestions?

Do you have a subscription for the pro 4 and the essential camera?

Marose52
Tutor
Tutor

No I don’t, but according to what I read I shouldn’t need one. Both cameras r compatible to the base   ??

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Marose52 wrote:

No I don’t, but according to what I read I shouldn’t need one

Don't know what you read, but the Pro 4 and the Essential (like all new camera models) require a subscription for cloud storage.  It doesn't matter if they are connected to your VMB4000 or to your home wifi.  That started in 2018 when Arlo introduced the Ultra.

This article gives more info:

Marose52
Tutor
Tutor

I just read what u sent me and it says I should have the ability for the local storage on the base. Am I reading this wrong? 

Marose52
Tutor
Tutor

And thanks  for replying. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Marose52 wrote:

I just read what u sent me and it says I should have the ability for the local storage on the base. Am I reading this wrong? 

You can record to local storage if the cameras are paired with a VMB4000 base that has a USB flash drive (or disk) attached.

But to view those recordings you need to remove the USB storage from the base and put it into a PC.  Then play the recordings on the drive.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation