Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Martin_D
Follower
Follower

I purchased two Arlo Pro 4's a few days ago.

Very dissapointed and they will go back if no resolution

1.  2-way audio does NOT work. Device records and plays audio, siren works (way too quiet !) NO audio /voice from camera. Yes, have checked microphone permissions, incidently if I tap my phone microphone I do hear this from device but if I talk there is nothing....

2. Excess lag in video - my bandwidth and wifi signal is good but lack is terrible !

3. I positioned one camera in weak wifi (since moved it). The wifi connection occassionally drops out, evertime camera reconnected gives a false motion notification ! This is clearly a bug.

4. Attempted to change wifi connection, took me hours ! Initially would not scan QR code even after a sync reset and pulling battery. Finally got the chime and took over 8 attempts to find/locate my arlo pro 4. 

5. Application is NOT intuitive or user friendly and often locks up or times out !

6. Battery life - down tp 80% after 3 days. Arlo blatantly lie with their claims of 3 months ! I have set it to 'optmized' and geofence so is only armed when away, which has only been for 8-10 hrs so far.

7. I paid much more than competitive systems and am very dissappointed, clearly  'not fit for purpose' and does not work as Arlo describe !

8. The support magnetic base is poorly constructed. A single fixing screw is not adequate. Fine on a completely flst wall, otherwise useless !

Come on Arlo, get it together. You KNOW about these issues, they are clearly documented and reported. FIX THEM. I am sure most, if not all can be resolved via firmware updates.

3 REPLIES 3
Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy

@Martin_D  I have had one Arlo Pro 4 for over a year, none of your issues, I consider them inferior to my Dahua CCTV set up but Arlo cameras have small sensors and they use Wi-Fi which is not that secure compared to s PoE setup that's cabled to a NVR. Get a mesh set up, which can cover larger areas, make sure you are not to close to neighbouring channels and be aware anyone with Deauthor tool can knock out 2.4Ghz signals!. Also if using FTTC rather that FTTP use QoS to prioritise the cameras upstream channel.

This sounds like user error mostly and impatience rather than bugs, as my Pro 4 works fine but is nowhere as good my professionally installed CCTV system that's wired. I cant make out faces with the lighting on Pro 4 but my Dahua light up 300ft as does the IR and you can have different triggers and it has a 160db siren and full face recognition and ANPR for cars but they have very large sensors and can see in full darkness in colour with just a street light nearby you get what you pay for with CCTV. But as to your list, reset the camera and do it slowly and it should work fine for you and the Pro 4 wall get the XL kit or go on Amazon and buy a screw based wall mount instead of the magnetic one which I agree is poor unless very high up, I use the mount that came in the XL battery kit. Works fine. but its just there on the wall because I didnt want to not use it after getting my CCTV system installed. Below is an image from my Dahua cams. I could not edit this post on my iPad so I had to upload the image separately.

Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy
  • I couldn’t edit my last post, so this is the video quality I get from my CCTV system I had installed which is much better than d Arlo.I couldn’t edit my last post, so this is the video quality I get from my CCTV system I had installed which is much better than d Arlo.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation