Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
aangel1966
Aspirant
Aspirant

Both of my ARLO 4 cameras went offline. I could not get one back online so I deleted the camera in HOPES of adding it back. Bad mistake!!

I went through the process of adding camera, got to the area where the camera reads the QR code and nothing is happening. I just spent $40 on a new battery. Nothing is working! HELP!!

When I deleted the camera the LED light was "ON" because the camera is corded. Not sure if that is the reason that it isn't able to read the code. 

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the cameras connecting to a hub or to your WiFi? Try rebooting whichever device should be used. Is a VPN being used anywhere? Turn it off if so. It may be useful to reset the cameras:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

aangel1966
Aspirant
Aspirant

This camera does not require a hub. I really thought this was going to be fixed because I was using VPN. I shut that off and it still isn't scanning the qr. 😞 I am so disappointed. I thought you were onto to something. 

aangel1966
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought a new battery but I am suspect that it isn't holding a charge. I have had this wired from the beginning. That shouldn't matter but I am stumped!

aangel1966
Aspirant
Aspirant

The one thing that could be causing an issue is that I had the LED light on since it was corded so the LED is constantly lit. I can't turn it off because it is now deleted from my cameras.

aangel1966
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got it to read the QR code now it cant find the camera!!!!!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @aangel1966 

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

aangel1966
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. That would be great.  I deleted my PRO 4 then originally could not get the QR code to work. I followed the steps to add the camera and finally got the camera to read the QR code after the first agent suggestions. I got to the final part where the app has to find the camera. When I take the battery out then add it back the blue light flashes for a few seconds then turns amber. I have had this camera corded since I bought it. I purchased a new battery since the problem seemed battery related. When I try to cord the camera to get through the process, the blue light goes solid. When  the camera was  active, I had the LED light on all the time so it seems that might be part of the problem. Even with a factory reset it isn't working and the blue light corded stays blue. I know that the blue light is supposed to keep blinking while the app tries to find the camera. I have stayed at the suggested distance from the WIFI modem, in the same room. I have a brand new battery that I tried and the exact same thing seems to happen. This camera is barely a year old. Any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I went through every step of the ARLO suggestions to get this camera working.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@aangel1966 Thank you for the detailed information, Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation