Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

battery status out of the box?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
robertjm-RD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all,

Today I picked up an Arlo Pro 4 from Best Buy, and I'm getting it ready to install. I plugged two of the four batteries into the charging station which came with the kit, and there's a solid yellow light by each battery that's plugged in. 

Does that mean the battery is charging? Will it turn to green, or some other color, when the batteries are fully charged?

How long does it typically take to charge a battery that's fully depleted?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@robertjm-RD wrote:

Today I picked up an Arlo Pro 4 from Best Buy, and I'm getting it ready to install. I plugged two of the four batteries into the charging station which came with the kit, and there's a solid yellow light by each battery that's plugged in. 

Does that mean the battery is charging? Will it turn to green, or some other color, when the batteries are fully charged?

Lithium batteries typically are shipped with a bit less than a 30% charge - which is the limit for shipping the batteries by air.

The yellow light should turn green when the batteries are fully charged (which should have happened by now, given the time of your post).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@robertjm-RD wrote:

Lithium batteries typically are shipped with a bit less than a 30% charge - which is the limit for shipping the batteries by air.

The yellow light should turn green when the batteries are fully charged (which should have happened by now, given the time of your post).

robertjm-RD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks!! The lights did turn green about 45 minutes, or so, after I posted that question, so we're all good. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation