Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

arlo pro 4 - cannot get the app to discover the cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DocDeuce
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought the arlo 4 Pro from costco.... I cannot get the app to discover the cameras. I tried support chat bot. No help . Tried to get to live support, they wont let me because it said literally "Im not entitled to live support unless  i purchase a plan". I just bought them yesterday. Im thinking that it is because Ive had arlo cameras in the past.  I still need help and I should have a 30 day free service plan. Any advice on how to get a hold of someone to rectify the situation before I take them back to the store.By the way my model number didnt come up in the drop menu above . I picked the one closest. Actual number is VMS4352P

5 REPLIES 5
dcfox1
Master
Master

Your stuck in the bot circle since you can't set it up to activate the trial, but it is under warranty. Mabey @JamesC can help. 

DocDeuce
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, That is the perfect explanation.... Bot Circle... 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DocDeuce,

At what point during setup are you experiencing the issue? Could you provide more details about what happens when you try to onboard?

JamesC

DocDeuce
Aspirant
Aspirant

I get to the point where I get the chime when from scanning the QR code (on all 3 cameras), Then blue led goes amber then black . App says that it didnt detect any devices.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DocDeuce,

Are you trying to setup using a mobile device (be sure it's connected to 2.4ghz on your home network)? If so, you might try going through setup using a PC instead to see if you experience the same behavior.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation