Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Will Arlo Pro4 work with this base station: VMB4000r3?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
jontron11
Initiate
Initiate

Hello, I have the Arlo Pro, the original ones. It came with a base station VMB4000r3. Our cams are coming to end of life. I would like to get a new system, but I want to use a base station. I like my base station and its features. Will the Arlo Pro4 connect to my current base station? Online it says compatible to VMB4000, but not VMB4000r3

Thank you 

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The 4000r3 is just a third minor revision of hardware... anything that works on the 4000 will also on the r3

the Pro 4 will can either be connected to your home wifi, or it can be connected to a VMB4000 base

BUT remember that with the new cameras you'll need a subscription after the trial period...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jontron11
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for the info. Well that stinks about the subscription. So even with the base connected, it won't record? Not even for the normal free 7 days of video? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jontron11 wrote:

So even with the base connected, it won't record? Not even for the normal free 7 days of video? 

Arlo stopped providing 7 free days of cloud storage for new camera models back in 2018 starting with the Ultra.  The Pro 4 has always required a subscription for cloud storage.

As will all your older cameras once their EOL date is reached.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation