Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wifi router not connecting to Pro 4 XL cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jimbabama
Initiate
Initiate
Hello, I cannot get the wifi to communicate with the Arlo Pro 4 XL cameras. I tried all of the comments about wifi connections , including the desktop log in.
I have an ATT U-verse Arrus router with a single Ethernet cable that connects to a ATT wifi network (BGW-210-700) with several ethernet ports available. I plugged the Arlo smart hub ethernet cable to this ATT network box. When I look at the wifi networks on my phone is giving 2 choices now, mine from ATT and Arlo’s smart hub. When I configure the wifi to the Arlo cameras in my drsktop, I’m choosing mine (ATT) and placing the proper password. However the system cannot find any cameras when the QR code is scanned. Im also disconnected from the app as you recommended. I have restarted all of the systems many times, but nothing seems to work. Appreciate your guidance .
2 REPLIES 2
Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy

You should be able to connect straight to the router tbh. If your router is dual band and using the same SSID for both turn off 5Ghz and only join the 2.4Ghz then turn the 5Ghz side back on. Full factory reset the cameras too before hand. If still having issues get in contact with support as they may be faulty possibly. Mine connected first time very time, but if the camera times out you need to restart the process so its in looking for a connection still. https://kb.arlo.com/000062406/What-do-I-do-when-Arlo-does-not-discover-my-device-during-setup

jimbabama
Initiate
Initiate
@Killhippie. Thank you for your reply. I followed your instructions and unfortunately the cameras did not connect. I contacted Arlo support as you mentioned, and they deemed the cameras defective . I have to take them back to Costco. Thank you again for your input.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation