Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ZapperOne
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello All.

Why has the "Armed" and "Disarmed" wording been removed from the Arlo app under the mode view that one first sees when pressing the mode button within the app?  All that is there now are symbols, but nothing that definitively states "Armed" or "Disarmed" leaving one to now have to guess and therefore setting off their alarms when entering the house if their system is still armed due to geofencing not being as quick as it should be at disarming the system.

This is ridiculous, since GeoFencing most of the time does not "instantly" disarm the security cameras upon one returning home (as it is supposed to do in a perfect world), it was easy enough to briefly touch one button in the app, (the mode button) where it would instantly show you if your system has disarmed (or was still armed due to geofencing latency issues) before you entered your house and set off your alarms tied to your cameras.

But no more, some brilliant person I guess decided to remove the wording that says your system is either still "Armed" or now is "Disarmed" before you walk in your house.  Unbelievable stupidity on someone's part.

So now, instead of doing something that will speed up geofencing's latency problems, someone decided to simply remove the "Disarmed" or "Armed" wording therefore adding yet another step one must now do upon returning home and attempting to verify if their system is "Armed" or "Disarmed".  Now you have to press more buttons in the app in an attempt to see if the system is Armed or not.

Who is the person who is trying to fix something that is not broken with the app?

.....And how can one now know "quickly" if their system is Armed or Disarmed upon returning home before walking in the house and setting off the alarms?

What is the problem here Arlo, aren't people supposed to be making the processes easier instead of more difficult?

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ZapperOne wrote:

Why has the "Armed" and "Disarmed" wording been removed from the Arlo app under the mode view that one first sees when pressing the mode button within the app?  All that is there now are symbols, but nothing that definitively states "Armed" or "Disarmed"

When I go to the "Mode" screen, I see this:

IMG_1463.PNG

The current mode for each device is displayed in text.

This is with iOS, the app version is 4.3.6

ZapperOne
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your info.

When I go the mode screen if my cameras are Armed, I see the same as your picture shows, however if Disarmed, it used to say "Disarmed" for the last several years, but no longer.

Now, as of around May 14th 2023, the "Disarmed" wording has been removed, my question was why?  Previously there was no doubt about the status of your system, a quick glance and it either stated "Armed" or "Disarmed".  Now instead of Disarmed you just see symbols.

Why do people try to fix things that are not broken?

Apparently this is some Arlo employee who thinks to stay relevant you have to change stuff, for no apparent reason?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ZapperOne wrote:

Now, as of around May 14th 2023, the "Disarmed" wording has been removed, my question was why?  Previously there was no doubt about the status of your system, a quick glance and it either stated "Armed" or "Disarmed".  Now instead of Disarmed you just see symbols.

Mine shows "disarmed" next to all the devices on that screen.  Does yours say something different?

Since you can disarm individual base stations (or cameras if they are wifi connected),  it isn't as simple as "entire system armed" and "entire system disarmed".  Perhaps that is why they changed it.

ZapperOne
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wasn't it working just fine for the last several years, the ability to "Arm" or "Disarm" multiple base stations has been in play for a while now, same with multiple cameras that are either connected to base/smart stations or independent of stations, correct?

This is a case of some employee or team not thinking things through most likely.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ZapperOne wrote:

Wasn't it working just fine for the last several years, the ability to "Arm" or "Disarm" multiple base stations has been in play for a while now,

And that still works fine.  As well as arming/disarming them individually (as many people do).  Personally I don't see any issue here, because I can still easily see the mode of each device on the page in text.

That said, the new "Feed" interface works differently.  There are three modes for the system ( Arm Away, Arm Home, and Standby).  The dashboard shows the current mode in color, the other two are shown in gray.  The color used depends on the specific mode.

IMG_1464.PNG

At some point Arlo will shift everyone to Feed, so I don't see them making many changes to the older Library interface.

ZapperOne
Aspirant
Aspirant

When do you think the switch to the "Feed" interface for "all" will take place?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ZapperOne wrote:

When do you think the switch to the "Feed" interface for "all" will take place?

I don't know.  FWIW, I think Arlo was planning to have done it by now.

ZapperOne
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay.

Thank you Stephen, I really appreciate your help and feedback.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation