Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

What's this all about? - This video is not able to play in your browser. Please download to view.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rumpleproofskin
Follower
Follower

Anyone know why my safari browser (14.0.3) gets this message – This video is not able to play in your browser.
Please download to view.

My old Arlo's work fine when I try to view the videos IN the browser.  I don't want to download every time. I mean does when you've spent a fortune on a system that doesn't actually properly?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your read similar threads about this here as well as the FAQ in the support area about this subject, right? Due to licensing issues, most browsers won't play anything with higher resolution than 1080p. MS Edge will play them IF you have new enough hardware with video cards/chips that support this. Use the app for a quicker way to view them without downloading or lower the camera video setting to allow the browser to be able to play them.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

HEVC should work with Safari 14, but it might depend on hardware support in the Mac.

You can check 1080p HEVC playback in your browser using this link: https://h265.webmfiles.org/embed-h265-video.php 

Not sure about 2K or 4K though, that might also depend on your hardware graphics.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation