Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

What's the deal with new batteries for Arlo Pro 4?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
PatTestsys
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought my Pro 4 cameras in August.  Ever since then, I have waited to buy two spare batteries, to make changing more efficient.  Can't get them.  I tried a 3rd party Wasserman, and those did not work.  Must be typical, because they didn't even want me to ship back.  Anyone had any luck getting batteries, or can recommend a 3rd party option?  When are Arlo brand batteries going to be back in stock?

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You can keep track of this item when it's back in stock by using the Notify Me Button Here.

PatTestsys
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I know about the notify me.  However, it has been months.  It did actually notify me once, but when I check the site (within minutes of getting the message), it had the same old message.  The question for this was "why" and "when"?  Surely Arlo has some idea of when it will get stock back.  You seem to be selling new Pro 4's with batteries - is all the stock going there?

dcfox1
Master
Master

With the worldwide shipping backlog for months not sure many companies can give a date. 

PatTestsys
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, but clearly there are batteries since they are selling new camera kits.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@PatTestsys wrote:

Yes, but clearly there are batteries since they are selling new camera kits.

Yes obviously they go to the kits first as they are required. 

PatTestsys
Aspirant
Aspirant

What that means is they are prioritizing new customers over their existing customers.  We are approaching six months of this.  I have posted a review on Amazon for the camera kits so others will be aware.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PatTestsys wrote:

What that means is they are prioritizing new customers over their existing customers.

Likely prioritizing total revenue (which has the same effect).

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation