Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

What happens to clips recorded during outages?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TP1980
Tutor
Tutor

Hi!

I ordered a Pro 4 a few days ago and am already thinking about the next steps as I have been trying different cameras from 3-4 brands. Hopefully Arlo will be the one I'll focus on but we'll see...

A couple of questions I haven't seen answered anywhere:

1) What happens if there's a - let's say - 2 minute internet outage during a motion detection event when using the cloud subscription? I assume the clip is lost and the camera doesn't have a short-term memory and try to re-upload if the first try fails?

2) Same scenario but when using one of the smart hubs and its wifi gets a short outage? I know one of my current cameras will send the clip(s) to the hub once they're connected again. Can Arlo devices (especially the Pro 4) do that?

3) Does Pro 4 or any other Arlo battery camera support rtsp/onvif so I could attach them to my server?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TP1980 wrote:

3) Does Pro 4 or any other Arlo battery camera support rtsp/onvif so I could attach them to my server?

No.

@TP1980 wrote:

2) Same scenario but when using one of the smart hubs and its wifi gets a short outage? I know one of my current cameras will send the clip(s) to the hub once they're connected again. 

Best option is to have local storage in the smarthub, and then protect the smarthub with a UPS (which will keep it running when power fails).  You can potentially also protect your router/modem, which would maintain your internet connection if it is just an power issue.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation