Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Warranty on Arlo Pro 4

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rlc07
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is the warranty on the hardware on Arlo products? I have 3 Arlo Pro 4 XL. It takes about 25-30 minutes for me to separate the camera from the camera housing while continuously pressing the white button on the charging port underneath the camera. I am able to quickly release the camera from the housing with little. Because this is one of my main cameras, I have to change the battery often and it's not convenient due to this defect. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Warranty varies according to country but in the US it's 1 year. 

You don't need to hold the release button if you hear it "pop" when first pressed. However, the weather sealing o-ring can make it tough for the camera to actually pop out enough for you to remove it from the case. I use one hand to rapidly "throw" the camera into my other hand (don't actually throw it - maintain a tight grip). It may take a couple of tries but it always releases. 

Once released, you might want to try a very thin coating of a thin grease on the o-ring to help prevent the sticking.

rlc07
Aspirant
Aspirant

The pop sound is very faint on this unit compared to the other cameras I have of the same model. I'll give your suggestion a try and hopefully this will considerably shorten the time to release the camera from the housing. Thanks! 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation