Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
fred7157
Star
Star
Spoiler

Hi Folks, 

I recently purchased four Arlo Pro 4 cameras along with a dual battery charger…When I put the two batteries in one blinks yellow slowly and the other is a steady orange…I’ve tried rebooting the charger and reseating the batteries but it does the same thing.  

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@fred7157 wrote:

When I put the two batteries in one blinks yellow slowly and the other is a steady orange…

How long are you waiting?

fred7157
Star
Star

Hi, 

I left them plugged in overnight and the one that was blinking yellow is solid green now...The orange one is still steady orange. 

Thanks

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@fred7157 wrote:

I left them plugged in overnight and the one that was blinking yellow is solid green now...

So that one is charged.

@fred7157 wrote:

The orange one is still steady orange. 

Have you tried moving it to the other slot?  Also check that the battery contacts are clean, etc.

fred7157
Star
Star

Hi, 

Yes, I tried both slots and cleaned off the contacts with a pencil eraser, no luck. 

What's odd is that the battery charges when I put it in side a camera and plugin using the USB cord. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@fred7157 wrote:

Yes, I tried both slots and cleaned off the contacts with a pencil eraser, no luck. 

What's odd is that the battery charges when I put it in side a camera and plugin using the USB cord. 

I haven't seen solid orange (amber) on my own 5400C, and that status is not in the KB article:

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) so they can follow up on what that status means.

MelissaMM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you ever resolve this? I have the same issue with my dual charger. Except both go solid orange. I can change batteries fine inside a camera but they don’t charge in the dual charger which makes my spare batteries useless. 

help! 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MelissaMM wrote:

Did you ever resolve this? I have the same issue with my dual charger. Except both go solid orange.

That sounds different - more like a failed charger.

Have you tried this with multiple batteries?

Did it ever successfully charge?

MelissaMM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yea when I first got it? It worked. Then somehow managed to charge one recently but usually fails 

thanks

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MelissaMM wrote:

Yea when I first got it? It worked.

It sounds like a failed charger to me - since you can charge the batteries when in the camera.

I don't know how long the warranty is for chargers (generally it is shorter for accessories than the cameras), but if it's less than a year old you could contact support for a warranty replacement.  Or just get a new one.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation