Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Wallywrld
Follower
Follower

I am doing an upgrade from VMB 4000 Arlo Pro Base Station to VMB 4540 Arlo Pro Smarthub. No camera changes, just new Smarthub. My system utilizes a mix of cameras Pro 2, Essential & Pro 4. 

Base Question remains. Do I have to re-sync all the cameras individually when migrating from VMB 4000 to  VMB4540 on an existing system? All my cameras are mounted at 15 feet or higher. To individually sync, I will have to find someone who can help me do it.  (I'm older and don't do ladders any more)

When I posed this question to tech support, I kept getting getting the answer "yes", but then their next suggestion was to individually sync the cameras. I gave up after 30 minutes of trying to clarify precisely what I wanted, only to be put into the same "do loop"

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To migrate from one base or hub to another, you have to remove them from your account as well as the old base and then sync them as if new to the new hub. No way around it. 

A word of mounting - 15 feet up is going to limit the area that can be monitored (see the FAQ below for mounting suggestions). Since the available distance for person detection is 20-25 feet (depending on model and settings), being 15 feet up doesn't give you much leeway. It would seem to be working for you so it may not be worth changing anything other than ease of maintenance.

https://kb.arlo.com/37/Arlo-Camera-Placement-Tips

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation