Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to see secondary accounts from primary account.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dotmar
Aspirant
Aspirant

I opened a ticket for this issue back in February 24. Have since gotten 3 replies. One being a hand written the other two automated. What is an ETR on this or should I just unsubscribe and sell 8 cameras I have and go to an other brand? Nearly 2 months is a bit much. And the individual one phone told me update to beta to see if it would help in February now i got to contend with this nightmare crap. But, Arlo doesn’t wait or hesitate to take money monthly. But will push aside a MAJOR security issue. You literally can not adjust access to secondary accounts anymore since you can’t see them! 

8 REPLIES 8
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Which app UI is this occurring with, one that has a library or feed?

If you have the one with feed you might be waiting in line with the other missing features needed to be implemented.

If you have library then you may have to try a reinvite if not attempted already.

Alternatively try deleting the mobile app on the main account phone, reboot the phone and install the app again.

Dotmar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Feed.  I tried everything that you listed and even going on the website from a PC nothing is still shown. This is a major security issue to some but it’s like Arlo is taking back seat to this. 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Since you have the feed UI, have a read of the article to confirm where it fails.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062931/How-do-I-edit-my-friend-s-privileges-in-my-Arlo-account-Arlo-Secure-4-... 

Dotmar
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had two additional family members able see the cameras prior to February. I added a indoor camera and that same day I could no along view their accounts to give them access to the new camera. They get alerts to the cameras they had prior. One can even see the cameras live. The other only gets alerts. 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Can you confirm that they are all using the feed UI app version like you since the two app types are not compatible.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since all users have to have the same UI (likely the new one with Feed), the guests need to click on Home at the top and choose the bottom choice. Each user gets a Home location so when you share yours it shows up as a new selection. The default name is Home so I suggest renaming at least yours (the others may want to do this, too) so they know which one to pick. This strategy is also now used if you have systems set up in multiple locations.

Dotmar
Aspirant
Aspirant

One user if 100% on same UI. The other is possibly on different since it cross platform. But, me as the primary account holder can not see either them under the people icon. It blank. When trying to resend invite says account already opened in this email when you try to set up login etc. Arlo replied with this:

I am doing a follow up on your open case regarding your Arlo camera system. I hope all is well.

I have looked into your case and found out that we receive similar reports about unable to see the grant access user list on the main account user.

Our engineering team is looking into this and as soon as we have updates for a fix, we will update you as soon as possible. Usually, this maybe in a form of an Arlo app update so if there is an update notification available, make sure to update your Arlo app.

For now, there is no action required from you. We appreciate your continued patience and cooperation. 

but nothing else after besides automated messages 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Historically arlo is slow to roll out fixes, 3months is usually a minimum, 6months is typical.

As you are told they will not even let you know when they fix it, if at all.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation