Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO Pro 4 XL Create Schedule to Record only between Specific times of day

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
gjanart
Aspirant
Aspirant

Want to create schedule to ONLY record between 8PM and 6 AM.  UI leaves much to be desired. 😂 Downloaded User Guide from ALRO website but section on schedule does not match UI at all 😡(excerpt pasted below)  Anyone have detailed instructions on how to create & edit a schedule to record only within a specific time range on ARLP PRO 4XL?  Thanks

From ALRO User Guide for PRO 4 XL:

Schedule when your camera is armed
You can set a schedule to arm and disarm cameras automatically. Schedules recur weekly.
For example, the schedule for Tuesday repeats every Tuesday as long as the schedule is
turned on.
Schedules recur weekly. For example, the schedule for Tuesday repeats every Tuesday as
long as the schedule is turned on.
To schedule when your camera responds to motion or audio triggers:
1. Open the Arlo app.
2. Tap Mode.

Select your camera or your optional Arlo SmartHub or base station, if you use one.
A list of modes displays.
4. Tap Schedule .
5. Tap Edit next to Schedule.
6. Tap + Add.
7. Set the days and times for your new schedule.
Note: To add an overnight schedule such as 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m., you need to add two
separate schedules. First, add 8:00 p.m. to 11:59 p.m., then add 12:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m.
8. Tap Done.
Edit a schedule
1. Open the Arlo app.
2. Tap Mode.
3. Select your camera or your optional Arlo SmartHub or base station, if you use one.
A list of modes displays.
4. Tap Schedule .
5. Tap Edit next to Schedule.
6. Tap a green box.
7. Change the start and stop times and tap Save.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru
gjanart
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes thank you.  This procedure matches my UI.  However, I created a Scheduled Automation called "Turn On Recording".  I clicked Add an Action under the Control Device Section noticed  "Record video" as already selected/check marked from the selections available. hit next, Select the camera device and hit save.  This then seems OK.   Then  I created a Scheduled Automation called "Turn OFF Recording".  I clicked "Add Action" and Record Video was check marked and I could NOT uncheck it so I went down to the gear "Adjust Device Settings" and selected that at which time Record Video was unselected.  Thinking it would preserve not being checked I hit next and selected the Camera device and hit next at which point (unlike with the first Scheduled Automation it said "Choose which settings you would like to adjust on Devicename".  There is no option to turn off recording. I hit next and the Save.  When I go back in Record Video is once again Selected.  How do I create and Action that will turn off motion detection, turn off recording and stop sending me push notifications.  Very frustrated

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@gjanart 

You can try removing the camera or the rule from the Mode for the automation.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation