Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to expand video to fullscreen in Arlo App (Feed version) if phone is locked in portrait mode

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
fronell
Aspirant
Aspirant

When an Arlo Essential Outdoor Cam v2 was added to the existing camera setup, the Arlo app was updated from the version that had the Library to the new version with the Feed for viewing recorded clips.  After this change, I'm unable to expand videos to fullscreen when the phone is in portrait mode using an icon.  The icon that I previously used to expand the video to fullscreen is no longer there.

I can expand the video to fullscreen if I switch the phone to landscape orientation, as expected, but this an inconvenience because I normally have Auto-Rotate disabled on my phone.  I'm not a fan of Auto-Rotate and prefer to explicitly set the phone to landscape when I want to and this setup worked fine with the old version of the app that had the Library.  Funny enough, the double arrows icon in the corner that I would normally press to go Fullscreen does show up in the Landscape view (which shrinks it down to portrait).

As far as I can tell, this fullscreen icon was removed for portrait viewing so I would like to request it back or something similar I can tap on to expand to fullscreen from portrait viewing.  Here are the technical details:

Phone: Google Pixel 7

Arlo App Version: 4.10.5_28616

Auto-rotate: Off

My parents have the same issue (the cameras are shared with them) on their Google Pixel 4a phones.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will provide an update as soon as possible.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this same behavior? 

fronell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, the issue is still there for videos in the Feed view.  There is no icon to expand to full-screen when viewing in portrait mode and I have to tilt the phone to landscape to get it to go full screen.

For the Live View though, the double expand arrows icon is there in portrait mode and I can tap those to go full screen without having to tilt the phone.  

My app version is 4.12_28637 on Android.

Let me know if any more information is needed.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation