Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to add Arlo 4 phone after expired trial and upgrade

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Dude11
Aspirant
Aspirant

I enabled successfully my Arlo 4 camera.  I used the trial service. I have now upgraded to multi-camera service. However the camera will not be added for some reason. I hear the ding after it recognizes the QR. However after that it never finds the device. The device is not listed in my list of devices anymore. So I can't remove it. Perhaps something is going on the back end?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As long as you didn't remove or reset the camera, adding the subscription does not require you to re-add the camera - it's still on your account. What did you do to cause the camera to be removed from the account? You may want to try this procedure:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062880/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera-Arlo-Secure-4-0

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As long as you didn't remove or reset the camera, adding the subscription does not require you to re-add the camera - it's still on your account. What did you do to cause the camera to be removed from the account? You may want to try this procedure:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062880/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera-Arlo-Secure-4-0

Dude11
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am unable to do the factory reset. I cannot get it to the point where the light flashes Amber three times.

I'm frustrated. I just paid $100 to up my plan and now the camera won't work. Seriously thinking about getting a refund.

Dude11
Aspirant
Aspirant

You asked what did I do? All I did was notice that the camera was missing from the Arlo app. I never removed the device.

Dude11
Aspirant
Aspirant

This problem has been resolved. I was choosing the wrong camera type. I thought I had an Arlo 4 but I had an essential.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation