Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
IFM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Even though I have smart notifications set to only people & vehicles, it's recording and notifying me about EVERYTHING.

This reply was given to another poster recently: "The cloud fix for this issue has been released and you should be seeing the results of the fix now. You may need to remove and reapply activity zones and toggle your smart alerts now that the fix is available. Please let us know if you are still seeing inaccurate smart alerts and/or motion being detected outside your activity zones." I'm not using the cloud - I'm recording locally and want to know if this applies to me. Frankly, I thought I'd save on battery life by telling the cameras to ignore the many movements we have around here, but in reading responses to other questions, have the sense that the camera will still record everything. Is that correct?

Adjusting the sensitivity hasn't made much difference, either.

If there's no way to set the cameras to NOT record everything, can I at least get someone to tell me how to make it stop sending notifications on every recording? I'm getting tired of the endless notifications about our wind chimes moving......

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@IFM wrote:

If there's no way to set the cameras to NOT record everything, can I at least get someone to tell me how to make it stop sending notifications on every recording? I'm getting tired of the endless notifications about our wind chimes moving......

You can edit the ARMED mode (or create a new custom mode) that tells the system not to send you any notifications when the cameras trigger.  The cameras will still record when you use that mode (assuming you the rule tells them to do that).   https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them 

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation