Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
VincentNicolas
Follower
Follower

How loud is the sirene on the pro 4? Is it loud enough,  so it can replace need an alarm in your house?

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@VincentNicolas wrote:

How loud is the sirene on the pro 4? Is it loud enough,  so it can replace need an alarm in your house?

The datasheet doesn't give the sound level.  But it's not that loud, and I don't think it is at all suitable as a replacement for a general house alarm.  

Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy

I have seen it stated as 80db loud enough to scare someone off but it wont replace a house alarm. I think the Ultra 2 is 160db but Ive seen different levels on different literature so best ask Arlo themselves.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Killhippie wrote:

I think the Ultra 2 is 160db 

Definitely not.  160 db is the level where eardrums begin to burst.

@Killhippie wrote:

so best ask Arlo themselves.

@JamesC:  I agree it'd be good for Arlo to provide the dba levels of the sirens in the newer cameras.  It'd be great to put that info in a kb article, as it does come up fairly often. 

Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy

Thats why I said contact Arlo, some YouTubers and online articles get the information wrong it seems which has made me wary of what the level it actually is. I think it depends on the camera and if you are using a base station or if the camera even has a siren capability. I think for the Pro 3, and Pro 3 Floodlight and probably the ultra/Ultra 2 the siren is about 80db but Amazon says 100db and some on Reddit say the siren is a joke as its so low unless you have a base station, so not all in all helpful. It would help however if each cameras siren was listed in decibels on the specs page of the device in question on the Arlo site.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Killhippie wrote:

Thats why I said contact Arlo ...

It would help however if each cameras siren was listed in decibels on the specs page of the device in question on the Arlo site.

I agree, which is why I tagged @JamesC in my reply.  The siren level isn't in any of the specs, and it should at least be in a kb article.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation