Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Since software update June 2023, System of all 5 cameras is more sensitive to motion, audio

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
MCedgewood
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not getting over a 100 recordings over night since the June software update. I have turned off audio and limited motion to vehicles and people, but I still get either Audio recordings or if my tree in front moves one leaf I get a motion recording. VERY frustrating and KILLING my battery life on VMC2030 and VMC4050. Even my older Arlo pros, 2nd gen I believe, are recording things they would not trigger for. Is anyone else seeing this behavior on their system? Anything I can do? I am about to dump the entire system since my 3 Pro cameras are EOL in a week apparently.

17 REPLIES 17
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

EOL doesn't change anything - they will continue to work as before.

Audio detection is found in your modes and rules. Using the settings in the camera settings does not disable audio detection. It also sounds like repositioning the camera(s) to eliminate trees would be useful as would reducing the motion sensitivity in your modes and rules. During the day, the sun's IR can get reflected by leaves and branches so the repositioning and reduced sensitivity can make all the difference. Remember that the sun's angle changes over time so what works for certain times of the year may not at this point.

R_DoodleDen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue! All my cameras are now turning on every few minutes showing Audio instead of Vehical, Animal or Person as it is set up.  Turning down the sensitivity does not seem to curb this either.

Breaksalot
Tutor
Tutor

I'm getting the same problem. A side effect is that the constant audio detections (and subsequent recording) are causing batteries to run down much faster than they should. I've tried changing  routines. Please fix asap! 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried rebooting the cameras or hub, depending on how the cameras are connected?

Breaksalot
Tutor
Tutor

yes numerous times

There is no hub btw

Breaksalot
Tutor
Tutor

So my problem might be a bit different to OP. I'm getting hundreds of audio triggers per day. The only work around is to filter my feed and hide audio events. It's only on two of the cameras out of the 4 I own. These two cameras did have audio detection turned on but it's since been disabled under routines. Is there anywhere else it can be disabled? I'm running the Android version of the Arlo app. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Breaksalot wrote:

These two cameras did have audio detection turned on but it's since been disabled under routines. 

In the three modes?

Breaksalot
Tutor
Tutor

Yes in all 3 modes. Now it's just one camera doing the constant/hundreds of audio alerts. I also tried deleting the cameras from the modes and re adding them (without audio detection)

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Breaksalot wrote:

Yes in all 3 modes. Now it's just one camera doing the constant/hundreds of audio alerts. I also tried deleting the cameras from the modes and re adding them (without audio detection)

This was/is a bug - are all the cameras running the same firmware?

Breaksalot
Tutor
Tutor

Yes 1.080.19.2_40_a462be1

Also when I view the camera the speaker icon ( next to the motion detection icon) is grey not orange 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Breaksalot wrote:

Yes 1.080.19.2_40_a462be1

Also when I view the camera the speaker icon ( next to the motion detection icon) is grey not orange 

Maybe try a factory reset of the camera???

R_DoodleDen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Factory reset was going to be my next move.  Too bad there was not a way to remove the last system update.  Seems like that is when all this started.

Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary

(deleted)

Breaksalot
Tutor
Tutor

I tried a factory reset but no luck. And it turns out that two of my cameras are still doing audio detection. 

It looks like there is no way to turn audio detection off. Please fix Arlo, this is rubbish 

R_DoodleDen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed the cameras from my system and did the reset by holding the button down for 10 seconds and pulled the battery. 

This worked for one of the cameras yesterday and no more audio captures came in.  Working on the other cameras today.

MCedgewood
Aspirant
Aspirant

SO the update on my system. I took the two newer cameras down to charge, ( as of course they were run down by all of the recordings). I then also made sure that on the cameras as well as the modes, the audio was turned off. 

So far it appears I am not having the same issues with noise triggers. We live in the landing path of the airport 15 miles north of us but up until the last month we had no issues with the audio triggering. Just interesting that all of a sudden the system is more sensitive. 

One final comment, why would Arlo make it so complicated to turn off the audio and the need to look in multiple areas? To be user friendly, they really should make it in the camera settings and not make you go into multiple other screens to just turn it off. In my humble opinion anyway! 😉

At this point it appears my issue is addressed by turning off the audio, which is slightly annoying not to have the feature but I guess I will just live with it. 

Good luck to those that have tried the same steps but have not had the same "success". 

MCedgewood
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oh, I forgot to mention how I was able to address the tree motion issue. I created two activity zones, leaving the tree between them as not active. So far, no motion triggers from the tree when the wind blows. 

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation