Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Simultaneous scheduling and longer video record time

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BarkingOwl
Tutor
Tutor

Hi all,

I have Arlo Pro 3 floodlight and Arlo Pro 4 cameras.

I have read all the forums to solve my question without luck.

I would like the cameras to only be active between 7pm and 7am (which I can set up with a schedule) but also increase the recording duration to be greater than 10 seconds.

In my trials I can only seem to do one (schedule) or the other (longer recording time and camera permanently armed.)

Am I able to have both options at once? The 10 second default record time seems a bit too short for my needs.

I have read article Article ID: 1079027 (How do I adjust Arlo video recording length?) but this does not allow for a schedule.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BarkingOwl wrote:

Thank you. I dont see an option how to schedule the modes? There is only the option to use the user defined mode, or a schedule option? Could you please clarify?

if you choose "schedule", you'll find that it schedules modes, not cameras.  That includes user-defined modes.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BarkingOwl wrote:

I have read article Article ID: 1079027 (How do I adjust Arlo video recording length?) but this does not allow for a schedule.

First you edit (or create) modes that has the recording length setting you want.

Then you schedule those modes. https://kb.arlo.com/4900/How-can-I-set-a-schedule-for-my-camera-in-my-Arlo-account

BarkingOwl
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you. I dont see an option how to schedule the modes? There is only the option to use the user defined mode, or a schedule option? Could you please clarify?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BarkingOwl wrote:

if you choose "schedule", you'll find that it schedules modes, not cameras.  That includes user-defined modes.

BarkingOwl
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you - I have found this now....

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation