Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Tiffanyly
Star
Star

I tried to share a device to 2 friends. They got the invites and created account via link in the email but they could not see the camera. please help. thanks.

#Pro4

78 REPLIES 78
Rowan1414
Tutor
Tutor

We all have the same version of the App.  The invites show being accepted.  

The apps just show differently on the primary account with the Library not feed.   All the other Apps open with the Feed.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rowan1414 wrote:

The apps just show differently on the primary account with the Library not feed.   All the other Apps open with the Feed.

You need to migrate the primary account to "feed".  There are some bugs with "feed" and some limitations.  Once you migrate you cannot go back to "Library".  So you should consider whether you really need the sharing just now. 

The way to migrate is to "add device" and then start to add a Pro 5s camera or alternatively a home security system.  You can't complete this process, since you don't have those devices.  You'll have to cancel when you get to the QR code step.  But it will migrate your account to "Feed".

Rowan1414
Tutor
Tutor

The link above let me upgrade my setting and get the new layout!  It solved all the issues with sharing cameras.

KellyGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dealing with the same thing. Arlo is a JOKE! I’m furious I even purchased these cameras. TERRIBLE PRODUCT AND SUPPORT. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@KellyGuy

Can you provide more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing? 

Tiffanyly
Star
Star

Shayne - This issue was resolved after you helped me a few months ago.  Thanks. 

Ku1
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS this is pretty rediculous. I am having the same issue and cannot solve it. I was forced to upgrade the app. The sharing shows as accepted but my wife cannot see any of the cameras on her app and it’s like she has a new account. It worked fine prior to us upgrading the software but now it doesn’t. How do I solve. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ku1 wrote:

@ShayneS this is pretty rediculous. I am having the same issue and cannot solve it. I was forced to upgrade the app. The sharing shows as accepted but my wife cannot see any of the cameras on her app and it’s like she has a new account. It worked fine prior to us upgrading the software but now it doesn’t. How do I solve. 

1. Do you see "Feed" as a menu option on the main screen?  Or do you see "Library"
  2. What does your wife see from her account?
Ku1
Aspirant
Aspirant

1) it shows feed. 
2) no cameras have been added and the menu bar below shows dashboard, feed, emergency, devices, routines. Under dashboArd it shows add a widget, under feed it starts to form the loading circle and then it goes away and the screen is blank, under devices, it says add a device. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ku1 wrote:

1) it shows feed. 
2) no cameras have been added and the menu bar below shows dashboard, feed, emergency, devices, routines. 

So both are on feed, and the invite is accepted.  Good so far.

Your wife should see two "home" locations (unless you renamed one of them - which FWIW I recommend doing).  One won't have any cameras, the other should show the shared cameras.

Ku1
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB unfortunately when I log into her account I only have a drop down to the “home” location. No shared location appears and I have gone through a minimum of 5 times of sharing from my account and showing an acceptance on my side when she accepts the invite. It should also be noted that I have this account shared with other individuals as well but they are not showing up here but their accounts still work. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have a subscription?  If so, have you tried phone support (using the support area of the app)?

Ku1
Aspirant
Aspirant

We do not have a subscription. I am only using Arlo for live camera feeds at this point. 

Luisthepolice1
Aspirant
Aspirant

As much as i read articles and try, I simply cannot access my friends Arlo cameras. She has a base station and 4 cameras, and my phone gets the notifications but when i click on it, it brings me back to the “add devices” page. i’ve tried restarting the base station, turning it on and off, restarting my

account, re-adding access, restarted all the cameras, re-added all the cameras, and the whole bit. What should i do? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Luisthepolice1 wrote:

What should i do? 

First make sure that her account shows that the invite was accepted.

Also, there are two different user interfaces at the moment, because Arlo is migrating to a new one.  The old one has "Library" as a menu option at the bottom of the main screen.  The new one has "Dashboard" and "Feed".

Both accounts need to use the same user interface.  So figure out which interface you have, and also ask her to do the same.

Post back once you know

1. whether the invite was accepted or is still pending
  2. what user interface she is using
  3. what user interface you are using.
MAC1219
Aspirant
Aspirant

My husband and I have the same Arlo app, same version and we have completely different layoits EXCEPT when I use my app and log in as him and vice versa then the layout on the app completely changes to the other layout. I wouldn’t care except I CANNOT see our camera. Can anyone help me see our device?

MAC1219
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issues as @Tiffanyly but so far nothing I do resolves the issue. I am NOT receiving an error but rather there are NO devices to view. My only option is to add a device. I have tried logging into my account from a computer and redownloading the app but still doesn’t work.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MAC1219 wrote:

My husband and I have the same Arlo app, same version and we have completely different layoits EXCEPT when I use my app and log in as him and vice versa then the layout on the app completely changes to the other layout. I wouldn’t care except I CANNOT see our camera. Can anyone help me see our device?

1. Which account is primary?
  2. Which account shows "dashboard" and "feed" as options on the main app screen?
omeadaen
Aspirant
Aspirant

This company and the developers are an absolute joke. How is this STILL NOT RESOLVED?

Company owner has given me access.. I am showing up as "Accepted" - I am even using his pw to get myself on the account as an admin and nothing.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@omeadaen wrote:

Company owner has given me access.. I am showing up as "Accepted" - I am even using his pw to get myself on the account as an admin and nothing.  

Does your account show "Dashboard" and "Feed" - or does it show "Library"?

Same question for the owner's account.

Crummum
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same

Ku1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep, I agree! I have given up on Arlo at this point and have moved over to Ring! What a waste of time with NO support on a known problem. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Crummum 

Do all users see the feed icon at the bottom of the app? 

Crummum
Aspirant
Aspirant

No.  We do not see the same thing.  We both downloaded the app at the same exact time.  The both have the same version number, but we do not have the same thing.  I accepted the invite but cannot do anything with it. 

Crummum
Aspirant
Aspirant

My husband is the primary user who set up the cameras and account.  He has version 4.3.6 (5844)  He sees this in the bottom from Left to right:

Devices

Library

Mode

Settings

He had already set up the account and cameras before inviting me as a friend.

I have Version 4.3.6 (5844)  and I see:

Dashboard

Feed

Emergency

Devices

Routines

Discussion stats