Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Tiffanyly
Star
Star

I tried to share a device to 2 friends. They got the invites and created account via link in the email but they could not see the camera. please help. thanks.

#Pro4

76 REPLIES 76
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tiffanyly wrote:

I tried to share a device to 2 friends. They got the invites and created account via link in the email but they could not see the camera. please help. thanks.

#Pro4

If they tried this on their phones, have them try again on a PC. After they click on Create Account, their browser should open to my.arlo.com. From there, they just log into their account (no need to create a new one).

Tiffanyly
Star
Star

He just tried from the computer and the same issue there as well.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI,

Are your friends still experiencing this issue?

Tiffanyly
Star
Star

Yes. We even tried to delete and readdress him as new account. Still not working. We are still on trial plan. Does it has anything to do with it?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Did you make sure to re-add the access rights for the device?

Tiffanyly
Star
Star

Yes. We did. None of them can see any devices.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tiffanyly wrote:

None of them can see any devices.

Are they all using the same app version as the primary account?

Tiffanyly
Star
Star

Yes. We just checked again too. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Tiffanyly

What is the error messaging you receive? Can you provide a screenshot by chance?

You can also try removing and reinstalling the app and rebooting the base station or router. 

Tiffanyly
Star
Star

I restarted the device and am able to view now. Thank you very much for your help. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update.

Jke206
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having these issues also, but all you did was power cycle the  base station? Or what exactly did you do to get this working?

Tiffanyly
Star
Star

I followed instructions from Arlo Support below then restarted the devices:

Both the primary and secondary accounts must be using the latest version of the Arlo mobile app (4.0.2 as of 12/09/22) and also all accounts need to be using the same UI experience (you can quickly identify this by seeing if there is a "dashboard" option across the bottom of the app main screen after logging in). If you do not see dashboards, we need to force your account to migrate to the new UI experience. 

To do this, you will need to tap "Add new device", select "Arlo Home Security System" and you should be prompted to migrate to the new UI. After you receive verification that you've successfully migrated your account, you can then leave the Arlo Home Security System onboarding flow and then you should be able to share devices with the friend account. 

**Additionally, the shared accounts 'Friend' will have to create a location during initial account setup but the shared camera will be from a different location (from Admin user). So the shared accounts 'friend' will have to switch locations to view cameras shared to them.

Tiffanyly
Star
Star

Now I am having trouble adding these devices to my subscription and could not get help from Arlo lol. 

Heybrad2022
Initiate
Initiate

Pretty frustrating that I’m having the same issue and I can see that it’s plastered all over the internet that quite a few people have this issue. The only suggestion seems to be try again, delete and re add or ungrant and regrant. There has to be a real solution out there. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) EVeryone needs to be using the same version app.

2) Everyone needs to be using the same interface (the new app can use the old or new interface). If needed, try adding a (non-existent) Pro 5 or security system. Let the upgrade to your account happen and then cancel the install.

Tiffanyly
Star
Star

I did exactly what you have described above and were able to add my friends. However, I am now having issues adding the cameras to my subscription. In your step 2 you said to “uninstall” what?? I am wondering if that is why I could not add the cameras to the plan as I did not uninstall anything. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I didn't say to uninstall anything in step 2 - I said to cancel the installation of the new device after the migration of the account to the new interface.

You will also have to use the original camera owner's Home", not the one that was created for you when the migration took place.

Tiffanyly
Star
Star

Oh ok. Thanks. I only have 1 “Home” so I think I am fine. I guess I have to wait for Arlo Support to come back on not be able to add devices to subscription issue. Last I heard the developer is looking into it. 

pcp7087
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had same issue but after reading posts here I see I am not upgraded.  I tried to upgrade but it tells me my cameras may not work after upgrade.  I have two older Arlo Go cameras.

mcregal
Initiate
Initiate

I just added Arlo Pro4 and installed at my parents house. I have other Arlo cameras in my other home (so two houses). I am trying to share the 3 pro4 devices to my siblings. Same symptom. They get the email but they too are unable to see the cameras. Pretty frustrating. 

all versions of app are the same

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are all on the same interface? The new 4.x interface is going to be needed. Also, when trying to view the shared cameras, everyone needs to click on Home at the top of Devices and choose the bottom one. The new app/interface gives everyone a default Home and the second one listed is the shared one. I suggest renaming Home so it's obvious which one is which.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mcregal wrote:

I just added Arlo Pro4 and installed at my parents house. I have other Arlo cameras in my other home (so two houses). I am trying to share the 3 pro4 devices to my siblings. Same symptom. They get the email but they too are unable to see the cameras. Pretty frustrating. 

Are you seeing the invites as accepted in the primary account(s)?

@mcregal wrote:

all versions of app are the same

To clarify this, the newest app supports two user interfaces - the older one with "library" on a menu and a new one with "feed".  In order to see the cameras, all interfaces need to be migrated to "feed".  Running the same app version isn't enough.

Rowan1414
Tutor
Tutor

How do I flip my Arlo app to the same feed?  My is the  old layout with the library.  When logout and login to the same phone with my wife’s login it flips to the new layout.  It makes no sense?

I can not get my wife and kids apps to see the cameras so I can set up a geofence.

Discussion stats