Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Share local storage with granted user

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 19 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
rodrigogodoy
Initiate
Initiate
I first bought a Arlo Pro 4 kit and I had the awful news Arlo Service isn’t available in Brazil.

Then I bought a second Arlo Pro 4 kit with a smart hub for local storage. Now I’m surprised to know local storage videos are only available for the main user.

There are previous complaints about this in the forum and nothing has been made. Arlo, this is a family security system! My wife of course is demanding access to the recordings. What should I say to her?
Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

rodrigogodoy,

While cloud storage is available to users with shared access, Arlo Secure subscriptions are not available in Brazil. Direct access to local storage is not available for shared accounts using the Grant Access feature at this time. I will pass your feedback along to the development team.

JamesC

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rodrigogodoy,

While cloud storage is available to users with shared access, Arlo Secure subscriptions are not available in Brazil. Direct access to local storage is not available for shared accounts using the Grant Access feature at this time. I will pass your feedback along to the development team.

JamesC

rodrigogodoy
Initiate
Initiate
James, these two information I already know. It’s been two years since other users requested local storage access to grant users. Nothing has been done. Does Arlo take it seriously?
Egularashvili
Initiate
Initiate

Hello,

Is there any updates?

I have the same problem, can not share local storage recordings to my family members.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Egularashvili wrote:

can not share local storage recordings to my family members.

Unfortunately, one of several restrictions with direct access to local storage.

BM3000
Initiate
Initiate

Just found this thread, because wife was wondering, why she can't see the recordings.
I mean, we bought Arlo, because you don't have to use the cloud storage. And now we find out, only one user can actually see the recordings? This is a serious flaw and we're not the first to point this out. This has been brought up for years now.

blacksocks
Initiate
Initiate

Same here. I am very very upset at this.  My wife can't access local storage? AND as a potential workaround of signing into the same account won't work because you won't allow the primary account to be signed into two devices?  What are we supposed to do?

Dragon7724
Initiate
Initiate

Please allow shared access to view local storage or allow same account login on multiple devices. 

I see this has been requested for years, but is Arlo actually working on this?

JohnnieWalk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am sharing to multiple people on my Arlo, but they can’t view the local storage.

This is a deal breaker for me, I know this is something that has been asked and answered by “we’ll pass this onto our Dev team” but I want to know if this is actually being worked on and in the pipeline. I can’t imagine this feature being too difficult to develop. 

I’m looking to move away from Arlo which is disappointing because I like the app and the cameras but I don’t want to be pushed into paying a subscription. 

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 19 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation