Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Setting up Pro 4 on Google WiFi mesh network

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
J_West
Tutor
Tutor

Has anyone connected Pro 4 cameras to a Google WiFi mesh network? I just bought a 3 pack of Arlo Pro 4 cameras and I cannot get them to set up at all so far. I have Google WiFi (mesh) that runs 2.4G and 5G at the same time with no way I can find to force it into just 2.4 to at least set up the cameras. When I try to add device from the app  I go through all the steps, I get the chime when I scan the QR code and then the LED blinks blue for maybe 30 seconds and then just shuts off. I have let it run multiple times like this. I have hit the sync button to get the LED flashing again but none of that works. It just searches for a camera for a while and then says it failed and no cameras found. Anyone else run into anything like this? Any ideas on getting it to work? Thanks in advance for any help 

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@J_West wrote:

Any ideas on getting it to work? Thanks in advance for any help 

One suggestion is to also try onboarding from a PC - browsing to my.arlo.com.  That sometimes succeeds when onboarding fails from the app.

Also

1. Network security has to be WPA2 (AES)
  2. Punctuation in the network name and password can cause problems - unfortunately Arlo hasn't provided any details on what characters won't work.  
mesaluke
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried everything recommended to get my Pro4 to see the wifi. I've tried both the app and a PC. Neither have worked. I have the Google Nest Mesh wifi router. The light is blue on the camera long enough to scan the QR code after that it goes away. I'm doing this all while sitting next to the router. Help! 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mesaluke wrote:

I have tried everything recommended to get my Pro4 to see the wifi. I've tried both the app and a PC. Neither have worked. I have the Google Nest Mesh wifi router. The light is blue on the camera long enough to scan the QR code after that it goes away. I'm doing this all while sitting next to the router. Help! 

Is the network security set to WPA2 (AES)?

Do you have punctuation in the network name or password?

Shlanta
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you! This was the solution for me!

mesaluke
Aspirant
Aspirant

The security is set to WPA2

There is no punctuation in the network name or PW.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mesaluke wrote:

The security is set to WPA2

There is no punctuation in the network name or PW.

Is the camera chiming after it scans the QR code?

annabuberg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same issue. For some reason I was able to connect my back doorbell, but cannot connect my front doorbell.

mesaluke
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope. I tried everything. Ended up returning them to the store. Went with Google Nest. 

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation