Send Notification doesn’t work in Schedule

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bluerangersfan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two Schedules that switch the Mode from “Arm Home” to “Arm Away” and vice versa. I configured the Automation to send both Push Notifications and email Notifications. Neither of these Notifications actually work when the Schedule runs.

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you check Feed, do you see entries that verify the mode has actually switched? I've had issues when using the exact hour at night NOT causing the switch to happen so it remains in the daytime mode. I "fixed" it by changing the nighttime time to be off by one minute in either direction (so 10:50PM or 11:01PM). I'm still working at trying to find exact times that cause this to happen but it's slow - one change per day.

bluerangersfan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did check the Feed and I know the Mode changed. To verify this, I added a "Record Video" to the Schedule so I'd see it in the Feed with a timestamp. This worked. I re-tested it this morning and the Push Notification actually worked, but the email didn't.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The email could be a separate issue (spam folder, incorrect email address, ISP or email client blocking it, etc.). You didn't mention whether Feed showed both switches (day and night)_.

bluerangersfan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I get email notifications all day long from 13 cameras whenever they detect motion. So, I doubt that it's a separate issue. I put a "Record Video" in both the day-time and night-time Schedules and they both appear in the Feed.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We're still talking about different things. You said that you configured the automations (schedule changes) for both types of notifications. That's different from your modes and rules sending notifications - there's settings for both the schedule as well as the rule to send them. How do you have them set? Which ones are you missing?

I'm asking for whether you see that the schedule changes in Feed, not recordings - there's only an icon for the mode changes, not a thumbnail.

If I'm understanding you correctly, what you really mean is that you're missing push notifications when a recording is made, not when the automation switches modes, which is what you seemed to be implying in your first post. You need to be explicit since the same settings can be in multiple places. If all of this is true, verify that each rule does, in fact, have push notifications enabled. If so, check the phone settings for the app under Notifications. Are the push notifications enabled as desired? You may need to click on the words, not the toggle, to check the individual settings for each type of notification you see.

bluerangersfan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the detailed response. I'll try to clarify. In both the Automation Schedules and the Device Rules I have the "Send Notification" Action enabled and configured to "Notify Everyone" and "Email" my email address. The "Enable Action" switch is enabled. When motion detection is activated, I receive a Push Notification and an email and I see a video entry in the Feed. However, when the Schedule runs, I receive the Push Notification and I can see the Mode change in the Dashboard, but I do not see an icon in the Feed for the Mode change and I do not receive an email.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't use any notifications for my schedule switches and get a push notification of the switch anyways. I also get a "badge" in Feed that shows the switch, mixed in with any recordings before and after. This is on ANdroid - are you on iOS? I suppose deleting the schedule and recreating it might help.

bluerangersfan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the info. I’ve used both IOS and iPad OS to create the configurations. Rather than delete the Schedule, I created a new one, using iPad OS, and it produced the same results. This may well be platform-specific behavior.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to the Profile icon > Support Center > Select device > contact 

bluerangersfan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I opened a problem regarding the email bug, but not the lack of "Mode Change" entries in the Feed. The support person told me that the Feed is just for videos in spite of what the support article (

https://kb.arlo.com/000062792/How-do-I-use-the-Feed-in-my-Arlo-account) says.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation