• 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Andrewjl
Guide
Guide

Hello,

Good day all.

I am sure this dicussion has been had many times, therefore my apologies for the repetition, but I am finding the scheduling of cameras going to the "Armed" status, rather limiting.  I only have the ability to set up a mode on individual cameras (not groups) for triggering by noise or motion . Not Time of day.

I want to set up a range of Ultra 2 cameras and Direct to internet Pro 4 cameras to schedule by the time of day.  I'd also like to be able to do it, both with an Active and inactive (to the SD cards for those cameras connected) Arlo Secure plan

Is there a clear set of instructions as to how to do this please?

Many Thanks

Andrew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andrewjl
Guide
Guide

Wow  thank you Stephen. Somewhat clumsy I think for a premium security system. Scheduling is basic.  Remnds me of programming in the 1990s 🙂   However, I will work through your thoughts and suggestions.

I do hope Arlo read this. Maybe I raise it with them at somepoint. I'm sure I am not alone.

Thanks again

Kind regards

Andrew

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you see "Library" in the app?  Or do you see "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead?

Andrewjl
Guide
Guide

Hi  Thank you.

in the phone (android) app I see no ability to find a New Mode based on time.  However, I have since found the ability to save a new Mode via the PC browser. BUT, this is per camera (or per base station) and when I set the times in to operate overnight stops me saving.  Is there something wrong with start at 10pm finish at 0500am?

I have a number cameras and two base stations, but I fail to see the ability within the app (PC or phone) to allow me to set a mode schedule and the select which cameras to operate it.

Andrew

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Andrewjl wrote:

I have a number cameras and two base stations, but I fail to see the ability within the app (PC or phone) to allow me to set a mode schedule and the select which cameras to operate it.

This depends on the answer to my question - do you see "Library" or do you see "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead?

I am guessing that you are seeing Library, but I don't want to guess.

Andrewjl
Guide
Guide

Hi   Yes I see "Library" in the app

A

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Andrewjl wrote:

Is there something wrong with start at 10pm finish at 0500am?

Starting here - you can't schedule across the midnight boundary, so you need to create two entries - 10 pm to 11:59 and midnight to 5 am.  Note the end-time in the schedule is reached at the end of the minute, so there is no gap.

@Andrewjl wrote:

However, I have since found the ability to save a new Mode via the PC browser. BUT, this is per camera (or per base station) and when I set the times in to operate overnight stops me saving. 

Yes, that is the way the "Library" interface works.

If you want to schedule all the cameras together (no matter how they are connected), then you could migrate your account from "Library" to "Feed".

There are some disadvantages to "Feed". 

One is that there no custom modes (a major flaw, which hopefully Arlo will fix).  You do get 3 modes: Armed Home, Armed Away, and Standby.  You can customize these (setting up whatevever rules you want), which might be enough for you.

Another flaw is the combining geofencing+scheduling doesn't completely work.

Scheduling works differently than "Library" - Details are here:

If your cameras are at two different locations (for instance if some are at a vacation home) ,then you can set up two locations inside of "Feed".  Each would have independent modes.  But one caveat here is that you would need two subscriptions (one for each location).

If you want to migrate to "Feed", then you do that by going into "add device" and starting to add a Pro 5s camera.  Note you don't need to own that camera model.  You won't be able to complete the install, but the workflow will migrate your account to "Feed" before you get stuck.  Note there is no way to migrate back to "Library".

Andrewjl
Guide
Guide

Wow  thank you Stephen. Somewhat clumsy I think for a premium security system. Scheduling is basic.  Remnds me of programming in the 1990s 🙂   However, I will work through your thoughts and suggestions.

I do hope Arlo read this. Maybe I raise it with them at somepoint. I'm sure I am not alone.

Thanks again

Kind regards

Andrew

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation