Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Arlo_Pro4_user
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got my Arlo 4 cameras. 

I have 3 cameras, they are all connected to the home Wifi with good signal. 

However I'm trying to live stream to my iOS app, and most of the time it just says "Connecting..." but the cameras do not connect. The home Wifi as well as the mobile network are perfect. 

Ive also tried it via the Web, and there as well most often, the cameras do not connect and it says "The device failed to connect. Please try again".

I'm quite shocked by this, I mean this is just the very basic functionality, any simple $10 web cam can live stream video, I thought this was a premium security camera that cost hundreds of US$.

Am I missing something? 

TNX!

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe. Interference can cause this even if the signal strength is good. Bring a camera closer to the router to see if that helps. Since it happens to all cameras, check for other wireless devices that also use the 2.4GHz band near the router that could be causing the interference.

Arlo_Pro4_user
Aspirant
Aspirant

TNX for the response. 

Man have I tried - I've put my network only on 2.4Ghz, I placed my cameras a few feet from the access point, I removed any obstacles, I tried from Web and from iOS app...

Now I manage to get a live view about 50% of the times I try )-:

On top of that, one of the cameras got disconnected from the network. I am trying now to connect it back - but can't get the app to recognize the camera. Ive tried literally dozens of times to connect the camera to the network and it doesn't work. Ive tried with a few of the access points, I've tried from app and from Web, I placed the camera up to centimeters from the Wifi point... nothing works.

This is SO FRUSTRATING. I really feel this product does not work.

TNX,

Tal

Swaniawski
Aspirant
Aspirant

Make sure that your Arlo Go's battery is not low. A low battery can cause the camera to stream intermittently. ... If the battery icon is yellow or red, recharge your Arlo Go camera's battery or insert a fully charged battery. If the battery icon is black, the battery level is not causing your streaming problems.

trusty68
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the exact same issue. Have contacted support numerous times. to no avail. One of my cameras also went 'Offline" and tried to reconnect 10+ times. Still same issues. Tried to get an RMA and the CSR said it had been over 30 days, which it hadn't(Received cameras on 1/19, requested RMA on 2/16). Also told me that your '30 day return policy' starts when you place the order. I received cameras a week later. So actually you get a 21 day return policy. Seems like for $500+, the cameras would work better than the $30 Amazon cameras! If you don't resolve issues, the system closes your support ticket. So nothing ever gets solved by Support. If anyone is considering spending $500+ on cameras, run like from Arlo!

AND THEY ARE OWNED BY CHINA!

trusty68
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is 5 feet close enough to router? Wifi speeds are great on every device but Arlo cameras. Also, batteries only stay charged for a week. They state that they last up to 6 months! I call BS on Arlo being the "best' cameras! As usual, tech companies ALWAYS blame somebody else for their equipment failures! Never a defective product on their end!

dcfox1
Master
Master

@trusty68  There is a 1 year warranty so if it a faulty cam they will at least send a replacement. 

Also Arlo is based in California, USA. 

trusty68
Aspirant
Aspirant

Been waiting 3 weeks for replacement of a $500 camera. And Arlo is a Chinese-owned company!

dcfox1
Master
Master

@trusty68 wrote:

Been waiting 3 weeks for replacement of a $500 camera.

You failed to mention that. That is why I suggested it. 

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation